advertisement

Puresound P10 - Impedance Matching

Not all valve phono stages have such limitations it must be said!

It's also an easy job to increase the output capacitance.
Yes it is but at the expense of sound quality, Guy Sergeant's words not mine ,in his experience.

But it's not an issue for me as I have the 2a3 amplifier and it's a perfect match

Yes it's a very fine valve phono stage but the high impedance output means it won't work with a number of amps these days which seem to have 20k inputs, yes a good solid state phono perhaps the Trichord Diablo if you liked the Dino or possibly the higher end Rega?

Indeed - I actually had one years ago with a Puresound A30 and as you say, it's a perfect match with the Puresound amps. Looks like it'll have to be the solid state option if I decide to upgrade. Might just stay put with the Dino to be honest and then look at upgrading the cartridge next. (Currently using a AT-150Sa)

Lefty

Indeed - I actually had one years ago with a Puresound A30 and as you say, it's a perfect match with the Puresound amps. Looks like it'll have to be the solid state option if I decide to upgrade. Might just stay put with the Dino to be honest and then look at upgrading the cartridge next. (Currently using a AT-150Sa)

Lefty
Not a bad idea, you might be better off with a better cartridge , you could add the NCPSU but it's pricey for the improvement.

Not a bad idea, you might be better off with a better cartridge , you could add the NCPSU but it's pricey for the improvement.

Thanks for the advice. Yes, I'm thinking either an Audio Note MM or potentially a Rega Ania MC? (I'm just getting back into the audio game after a break of 6-7 years after the birth of my son, so I am well out of touch with developments in equipment. He is now old enough that I have some time to myself on occasion!). In term of the Dino, I already have the Dino+ PSU so could sell that and get the NCPSU down the road as well...

Lefty

advertisement

Back