advertisement

What are you listening to right now #59

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bjork - Post

IMG_20210913_153758.jpg

Surprisingly good sound quality on that pink limited edition reissue.

:)

The record clamp almost gives Phil a little Hitler moustache, which is what I felt-tipped on to my copy of Dare in a negative reaction to the album at the time.
I had Reproduction and Travelogue by then and hated Dare as it made The Human League popular.

Nowadays I can tolerate the album. Phil Oakey’s wonderful voice saves it.

I once had a go at Martin Rushent (and his love of Linn drum machines) to a friend who I hadn’t known that long.
It turned out that Martin Rushent was a family friend of hers. Didn’t go down well. o_O

61FbxPJvV6L._AC_.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Walking Papers, self titled CD, great band, saw these guys live in Brum a few years back when they opened for Alice in Chains , enjoyed it so much I bought the CD after the gig.

Playing the vinyl copy of Jules Buckley ‘The Breaks’

I have the c.d. of this as well.

The pressing is not the best, occasional surface noise and the surface has some minor dents/pressing defects. Or at least this copy does. Most of the album is unaffected, but I am going to send it back. It has a mild dish-warp as well. Shame, as the sound is lovely on the whole. Love the album though, still playing it almost once a day.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B095GS18KK/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
814DYnkkbcL._SS500_.jpg

:)

The record clamp almost gives Phil a little Hitler moustache, which is what I felt-tipped on to my copy of Dare in a negative reaction to the album at the time.
I had Reproduction and Travelogue by then and hated Dare as it made The Human League popular.

Nowadays I can tolerate the album. Phil Oakey’s wonderful voice saves it.

I once had a go at Martin Rushent (and his love of Linn drum machines) to a friend who I hadn’t known that long.
It turned out that Martin Rushent was a family friend of hers. Didn’t go down well. o_O
I thought that when I looked at the pic once uploaded - wasn't intentional (honest)

I do prefer the earlier stuff but have always liked this one too :)

The SQ is really good - not all coloured vinyl sounds pants I suppose.

There was a discussion about it a while ago.

I have found that some coloured vinyl sounds very good.
I have come across many picture discs that sound awful. Maybe they are collected for the picture rather than the sound?

I got this in 2014 and I am still shocked how good it sounds. Tricolour vinyl.
Very pretty to see on the deck.

More images

Bob Marley And The Wailers* – Legend (The Best Of Bob Marley And The Wailers)
Label:
Island Records – 060253785436, Tuff Gong – 0602537854363
Format:
2 x Vinyl, LP, Compilation, Limited Edition, Reissue, Remastered, 30th Anniversary Edition; Red/Yellow/Green
Europe
Released:
27 Jun 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back