advertisement

the old grey whistle test

graystoke4

pfm Member
hi , just thought i would let you know a 3 hour special, of the above is on tonight at about 9 -o-clock on BBC4, cannel 9, don't know if it's been on before, worth recording at the least, i would think, especially with whispering Bob Harris, used to love the program,

I expect it's the dvd box set of usual suspects. Do I'll watch it again. Lord knows why the beeb doesn't repeat the whole series.

Also a FULL repeat of Tomorrows world, would be great, as we now have used these products...
Not the specs whose focal length you can alter with a slider on the side. I remember those being demoed on Tomorrow's World and that's still the only place they exist, as far as I know.

I miss whispering Bob on Radio 2. I used to me a bit meh about Country music till he did that 7pm slot. Not to mention the jazz and blues slots on other days. Flipping BBC. Useless gits all of them now :)

I miss whispering Bob on Radio 2. I used to me a bit meh about Country music till he did that 7pm slot. Not to mention the jazz and blues slots on other days. Flipping BBC. Useless gits all of them now :)

..and folk... all now moved to 9pm;)

Yeah with most music it's "modern shite" but country seems to have become decent in the last few years after being shite until now! Some of it anyway.... there is also a formulaic, crass, type that's straining to give it "look! this is generic country BUT we've added some "hip-hop/EDM" type beats for all you folks NOT swigging moonshine from an earthenware jug next to a hound-dog called Blue":D

That’s at least the third time that ‘One Night Only’ programme’s been shown. They continually show the same footage over and over. I mean I love Ry Cooder’s version of Vigilante Man, Beefheart’s Upon The My-Oh-My and Talking Heads Psycho Killer, but they all get just a little tedious upon the fiftieth viewing. I reckon they must have wiped most of the recordings, why else would they endlessly broadcast the same dozen or so clips?

I hadn’t seen the clip of Jon Otway falling off his amp and managing to disconnect Wild Willy’s guitar - truly hilarious and not something you can imagine being allowed to happen on any show today

WOW, i saw that years ago when he did it, he was nuts i will always remember that , i am smiling so much,
is it on utube , would love to see it again,

This has been played to death on BBC 4 but it's probably my favourite Whistle Test performance

Followed by this:

Sadly, I can't find the Screaming Blue Messiah's set which blew me away when I saw it.

advertisement

Back