advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
with BT showing every game in the UCL I can see why fans chose a cheaper option, not just City I suspect but why Pep chose this fight is a little odd

BT can sadly be very expensive. I paid £20 to watch the utd v young boys game (yes, poor return...) as they still don't offer pay per match /24hrs as per sky. All other utd games on bt over the month are at home so I'll be there anyway. Yes I'll watch bits of other teams' games but it still irritates having to buy a month of bt at a time.

Derby County just gone in to administration. Sign of the times I suppose with roe championship mortgaging their future n order to get into the PL. Cloughie will be turning in his grave.

BT can sadly be very expensive. I paid £20 to watch the utd v young boys game (yes, poor return...) as they still don't offer pay per match /24hrs as per sky. All other utd games on bt over the month are at home so I'll be there anyway. Yes I'll watch bits of other teams' games but it still irritates having to buy a month of bt at a time.
I’m lucky enough to get BT Sports free as a BT broadband customer …. Peanuts

I’m over at Derby today for the Stoke match. Stoke have started well so it’ll be hard to see Derby getting anything from this match especially on the back of this news. Definitely League one next season for Derby.

A very hard win, Palace where very tough and some what hard done by, could have easily been up early on.

Liverpool continually getting the rub of the green so far this season - somewhat reminiscent of the year they won the league.

ohstopitu.jpg

Possible origin of the phrase " a bit Spursy" ? ;) https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-58542543

Local newspaper, The Inverness Courier, had labelled Spurs as a "great combination of brilliant artistes, true sportsmen who play the game as it should be played in a gentlemanly spirit, combined with science".

It admitted that it was "perhaps unreasonable to expect a combination of the Caley and Thistle to beat this distinguished band of players".

The visitors duly grabbed an early lead as they threatened to overwhelm the Inverness side.

Slowly but surely, however, the Highlanders found their feet and began to play a bit of football of their own, in a style which was said to "surprise" Tottenham. A particularly fine break led to an equaliser before the home side went ahead. Back came Spurs to level but confidence was now flowing though the Highlanders - with them scoring again three times.

Friendly or not, this was in danger of getting embarrassing. Despite their best efforts, a flustered Tottenham struggled to turn the tide, a missed penalty adding to their woes.

When the full-time whistle was blown, nobody could quite believe the score - Caledonian and Thistle Select 6 Tottenham Hotspur 3.

Pep has now been told to keep in his lane by Kevin Parker. He has obviously touched nerve. Not sure why City fans hate UEFA so much yet crave winning the CL.

Went to the Liverpool match yesterday and it was not an easy game to watch . Have to admit I was very doubtful over the use of Millie to contain Zaha and in my mind this was looking to be an easy source of attack for Palace . Well I got that wrong big time and Millie was excellent in his placement and getting inside Zaha's head. How he di not get booked is beyond me but Zaha is his own worst enemy as even when he has played for the foul his grandstand pleading to the Ref when he does not get the decision does not help .

Liverpool played some decent but not spectacular football and were again wasteful of the chances they had . General view in the Liverpool crowd seems to be that we are not any threat at corners which given that we have scored more goals from corners than any other PL side is not correct. I think the reason for the view is that in most cases it is the second ball or even third ball follow up that gets the goal and very rarely is it a straight header or strike .

Seems silly to moan about the football we are playing with five games played and only one point dropped and only one goal conceded but I still think we can be much better and can score more goals that we have up to now . Roll on the next game and lets see how we progress if possible .

With regards to VAR I honestly think it is often a lottery still as to what decisions you get . Manchester City in the past have had some woeful decisions against them the one when Foden tried to stay on his feet last season springs to mind . Yesterday they I think got very luck with the VAR decison , I would agree that it was not a Red Card but it was a foul and a penalty as Walker never touched the ball and took the man what was said to change that I have no idea and it seems no one else but the man in VAR could think of why no penalty was given . This does not mean the Man City get all the VAR decisions becasue in fairness they do not no team does really it is just a lottery .

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back