advertisement

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just started another watch of The Sopranos. Now TV gave me an offer I couldn't refuse at £4.99 a month for 3 months. Only seen the first 2 episodes so far but holy hell, it's so much better the 2nd time around. All the wisecracks and subtleties. What a genius piece of television. Looks really really nice in HD too.

A major binge is on the way. I got 3 months to do the whole thing.

Long may it rain.
It does get better with each watch I think - enjoy

‘Click bait’ on Netflix is worth a watch & I am quite into ‘Second Chance Uni’ which is about college sport in the US; rather compelling.

Just watched South Korean film Parasite for the second time -on Prime after it’s 2019 film release. This is a once in a decade film, richly deserving best picture, best director Oscars 2020. The only people getting near this quality in Hollywood are the Coen brothers.

Netflix - Count Me In
Count Me In is a love letter from drummers to drumming. In fact, “I love drumming,” are the first words we hear said in the film

We have had a Daniel Day-Lewis binge and rewatched two classic long films

There Will Be Blood

and

Gangs of New York

Wow, he owns the parts.

The soundtrack to There Will Be Blood is most enjoyable. It is by Jonny Greenwood of Radiohead.

DDL is probably one of the best ever. Sometimes you don’t even recognize him at first. Have you seen My Left Foot?

DDL is probably one of the best ever. Sometimes you don’t even recognize him at first. Have you seen My Left Foot?

Yes, many years ago.

We had seen all these films as well, but like a familiar old book, they are worth experiencing again. :)

mix up Cronenberg, Del Toro, Polanski, bit of Tarantino and some LA noir and with tongue firmly in cheek = 'Brand New Cherry Flavor (sic)' on Netflix...enjoyable trash with some great central performances

Just watched South Korean film Parasite for the second time -on Prime after it’s 2019 film release. This is a once in a decade film, richly deserving best picture, best director Oscars 2020. The only people getting near this quality in Hollywood are the Coen brothers.

Thank you for this, just watched trailer, will watch tonight!

I enjoyed the first episode of The Squid Game last night. It's a Battle Royale style South-Korean series but it takes time to establish the character's motivations, so it's a little slow at first. Fantastic visual style once the "games" begin.

I haven’t flicked through all 95 pages of this thread but if it hasn’t been recommended already then, if you like science fiction, you should be watching The Expanse on Amazon Prime.

Speaking of sci-fi, Boss Level (on Amazon) is worth a go if you have 100 minutes to spare. It’s like a cross between Groundhog Day and Edge of Tomorrow. Great fun and wears its b-movie credentials very much on its sleeve. Interesting supporting cast including - Naomi Watts, Mel Gibson and Michelle Yeoh…

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back