advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure the opening round of matches in the CL has taught us much as we already knew that only one English side is any good at defending.
I expect Chelsea will now get hammered by Spurs at the weekend.:D
Talking of defending well, why aren’t Chelsea tiring down Rudiger to a long term deal? He’s gone from a not so good player when he joined, to an immense player now. Surely any enhanced worth we would get selling him now would be swallowed up getting in a replacement? And what’s more, a replacement who, like Rudiger, Jorginho, Kovicic and a few others, might take a few years to get used to the Prem?

I think the Gomez Matip partnership contributed to the mad 5 minutes at the end of the first half in truth….. can’t remember when they both started without VVD and I’d like to think we’d we tighter with him in position? Dropping Mane for Origi seemed strange as did Keita for Thiago but I suppose JK has to rest some of the first team at times?

Well as I feared Liverpool roller coaster was out in full force . Missing far too many chances including a penalty . Almost 75% dominance from Liverpool and always seemed to be the better team . Henderson delivered the sort of performance that always makes me wonder why so few took to him when he first arrived . Great talent and Captain and a player that reigns in his own natural game to play his role for the Team . Origi was outstanding as well no competitive football since last season yet he ran , harried and made a brilliant assist . Shame he could not have got a goal himself . I suspect that if he plays in the other CL rounds at this level we will have a very strong bid for him in January .

Liverpool never do things the easy way but it is often entertaining for the neutral , less so for Liverpool fans given that we ended up with a win and Porto and Athletic drew good start just got to keep it going .

I might have to start watching the bl**dy Premier League soon ;) Great win for the Sky Blues again last night against Cardiff, still unbeaten at home.

Well as I feared Liverpool roller coaster was out in full force . Missing far too many chances including a penalty . Almost 75% dominance from Liverpool and always seemed to be the better team . Henderson delivered the sort of performance that always makes me wonder why so few took to him when he first arrived . Great talent and Captain and a player that reigns in his own natural game to play his role for the Team . Origi was outstanding as well no competitive football since last season yet he ran , harried and made a brilliant assist . Shame he could not have got a goal himself . I suspect that if he plays in the other CL rounds at this level we will have a very strong bid for him in January .

Liverpool never do things the easy way but it is often entertaining for the neutral , less so for Liverpool fans given that we ended up with a win and Porto and Athletic drew good start just got to keep it going .

it was the stat they showed after the penalty save/miss some 20 minutes in, 21 shots, 10 corners and 82% position - that was the peak

Hughton will always be fondly remembered at the Amex as the manager who got the Seagulls into the Premier League and keeping us there.

However some of the football we played was awful. We kept breaking our transfer record on forward players who were then played as auxiliary fullbacks.

His strategy at Forest seemed to be to hire past their prime ex-Brighton players (Murray, Knockaert, Bong).

Nice bloke but in the same category of manager as Pulis and Allardice.

Boils down to the same thing doesn't it?
If they're tired now I'd fear for them if they have a run of games without a numerical advantage.
The fact that Gomez, Keita, Origi, Milner, Oxlaine Chamberlain and Curtis Jones all got valuable game time and they beat the Serie A leaders means it was worth it, we’ll need these players when we lose some big names in Jan/Feb…. your lot seemed a tad lucky to get past Zenit 1-0 tho I will accept you guys can defend like demons when required… sign of a good team

Decent week of European football with some good goals - Ronaldo, Henderson and Grealish in particular. I read Pep has upset City fans. He may have a point though.

League matches are a sell out.
We just hate UEFA.
It also wasn’t helped on Wednesday that there were no trams or buses to the Etihad in the evening.

The Etihad is so quiet compared to OT, Anfield and Stamford Bridge let alone every other Premiership ground.

I don’t think Pep can call out fans for not turning up, they probably have normal jobs & cannot drop £100 on two tickets in the same week.

with BT showing every game in the UCL I can see why fans chose a cheaper option, not just City I suspect but why Pep chose this fight is a little odd

City cup games against 'lesser' teams were dirt cheap. I knew someone a couple of years ago who was paying 15-25 for ucl games, albeit not your Real Madrid etc.

So I don't think the attendance issues are about cost. The club has no history in the ucl so it doesn't mean that much to the fans. I'm sure if they win it one day that will generate interest and they'll get a few more people turning up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back