advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does seem a bit odd, given that the last generation to have really known pounds and ounces is moving off the stage now.

However, I'm old enough to remember how infuriating and insulting it was for them to be told by faceless bureaucrats that it was actually illegal - an imprisonable offence, no less - for your greengrocer to sell you something in the weights and measures with which you were not only entirely familiar, as had been your parents and grandparents generations, and many before, but in which you wished to continue to buy.

We can smugly 'lol' about in now, of course, because we're all so much cleverer and better informed than they were.

EV, are you pining for Spotted dick and Shillings?

PS The lol was directed at your buddy's quote but thinking about it, it could also be applied to this initiative. I know Boris drops these Brexit bombs into the media from time to time because they are catnip to Brexiteers like yourself (and others) but, as you alluded to in a previous post, we have slightly more pressing issues to deal with at the moment.

EV, are you pining for Spotted dick and Shillings?

PS The lol was directed at your buddy's quote but thinking about it, it could also be applied to this initiative. I know Boris drops these Brexit bombs into the media from time to time because they are catnip to Brexiteers like yourself (and others) but, as you alluded to in a previous post, we have slightly more pressing issues to deal with at the moment.

You evidently know nothing about brexiteers like myself.

My issue there is I have a small garden. If I'd been wiser and just opted for a gyrocopter I wouldn't have to walk to the copter.

I blame Hitler.

What do mean by "far left"? Le Baron et al, feel free to opine.
Opine? I usually try to state facts rather just opining. What can you say? It's as Colin L suggested, it's more a measure of the position of the person saying it.

I very rarely say 'far-right', in fact barely anyone on the left says it. Maybe I would say it to describe the 'English Defence League'. The right-wing seem to think anything within 3mm of Thatcher's arse is 'far left'. You can't fight that sort of idiocy.

NOT a positive effect.
  • 22-Jun-21 11:56 AM
    3 months ago
    farfromthesun changed the order status to Shipped

• 09-Aug-21 05:11 PM
    about 1 month ago
    BUYER - I don't want to pay 22 euro extra for import tax

• farfromthesun
    Hi
    I am glad you're well.
    I am also very sorry that this is still not solved - so sorry in fact that I have refunded your payment in full.

• BUYER
    Praise the lord! It has finally arrived: sent 21/06/2021 - arrived 17/09/2021!
    It's as if we live in different galaxies today.

Three months for a EUR 7.00 cd to get to Belgium, and a EUR 20 import tax.

Yup.
Thats the EU for you.
Not changed much since Napoleon played the "Big I am" with his Continental System and all that.
Maybe you missed that it was the UK that left the EU and not the other way around. Which bit of single market, taxes, tariffs etc is confusing?

Yup.
Thats the EU for you.
Not changed much since Napoleon played the "Big I am" with his Continental System and all that.

Don’t be a prick, have you tried buying anything from the EU lately? You’ll likely get hit with the same shit but from the HMRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back