advertisement

Shamina Begum Back In The UK.

Actually I do believe people can change and should be given the opportunity to redeem themselves but that has to be at the end of a fairly lengthy process.

Actually I do believe people can change and should be given the opportunity to redeem themselves but that has to be at the end of a fairly lengthy process.
I’m sure most here would agree, she will have to do an awful lot to appease some sections of the great British public though, her continued safety here could certainly pose some problems.

One of the most inspiring things that sometimes appears on the new is the work that ex-convicted knife wielders do to stop a newer generation from falling into the same ways.
Unfortunately, there have been some recent cases of people that are released against the wishes of pope around them, but in accordance with the law, and with horrifying consequences.
Naturally, one is cautious. She was a child when she left Britain. And pretty much used and abused since. What a life.

Listening to LBC this morning, on the subject of Shamina Begum, one of the callers was a former high ranking police officer who had previously had access to security files on her. The information is not within the public domain. Paraphrasing him, the information suggests Shamina Begum is not quite what she has sought to portray herself whilst in Syria…

I suppose the matters contained with the security files cannot be disclosed without compromising a source in Syria.

When all is said and done she was 15 when she left the UK and clearly groomed. To take away her citizenship and leave her stateless is in contravention of basic human rights. To do this to appease the facist press like the Daily Fail is just contemptuous.

It is very difficult to give a measured and balanced opinion because even though she was a child , was she not in support of the beheading's? I refrain from attacking religion because it does provide some comfort to some people, yet in fact my true opinion is that religions, or those that I was indoctrinated into while at school are simple Mythology.

Wars and criminal acts in the name of religion in this modern world are insane why do people not stop and question so much that some God or other being brings to the party. ( god does not exist ) If school kids are taught right or wrong by their parents and schools without being lied to you would remove all the nonsense that sent 15 year old girls to Syria.

Just out to the fish pond to see if i can walk on water!

She is one of our own. You can’t claim the upper moral ground by saying she can go to Bangladesh instead because she has technically dual nationality. We own her. And it’s our job to deal with the mess. I do hope our country holds on to its moral compass.
Agreed. Seeing some of those interviews shows she's a bit hoity toity, but she's probably more tolerable (and certainly less dangerous) than most Brexiteers I know.

She is Britain's problem...she is born in the UK and has no affiliation to Bangladesh...striping her if her British nationality is contrary to international law..If she has broken any laws...let her be tried in a British court and let the jury decide and if found guilty she should be appropriately punished but then let her be de-radicalised....She could then be a powerful weapon against the radicalisation of youths who feel they lack a purpose or a voice.

It is very difficult to give a measured and balanced opinion because even though she was a child , was she not in support of the beheading's? I refrain from attacking religion because it does provide some comfort to some people, yet in fact my true opinion is that religions, or those that I was indoctrinated into while at school are simple Mythology.

Wars and criminal acts in the name of religion in this modern world are insane why do people not stop and question so much that some God or other being brings to the party. ( god does not exist ) If school kids are taught right or wrong by their parents and schools without being lied to you would remove all the nonsense that sent 15 year old girls to Syria.

Just out to the fish pond to see if i can walk on water!
Jesus Christ?..that could be dangerous!

It is very difficult to give a measured and balanced opinion because even though she was a child , was she not in support of the beheading's?

According to the recent interview, no, and she denounced all violence.
She claimed that in previous interviews she was under pressure from "the women" of ISIS and daren't do or say anything that would displease them.

According to the recent interview, no, and she denounced all violence.
She claimed that in previous interviews she was under pressure from "the women" of ISIS and daren't do or say anything that would displease them.

I don't think we'll ever know the truth of this but I think that spending a couple of years as a child in an environment that normalises and justifies brutality and murder, will affect her view; it's not just being scared of the other Daesh women.

She's broken and she needs help so she is no longer a danger to herself or the UK. It is possible to do that.

Listening to LBC this morning, on the subject of Shamina Begum, one of the callers was a former high ranking police officer who had previously had access to security files on her. The information is not within the public domain. Paraphrasing him, the information suggests Shamina Begum is not quite what she has sought to portray herself whilst in Syria…

...A wolf in sheep's clothing

Fine. So bring her back and put her on trial.

advertisement

Back