advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely if this thread has demonstrated anything it's that there are no benefits to Brexit unless you're of an "England for the English" mindset or a Tory who plans to make money out of reducing the rest of us to serfdom?

And probably no coincidence that one of the 'brains' behind Brexit is/was Chair of the Conservative Friends of Russia.

Surely if this thread has demonstrated anything it's that there are no benefits to Brexit unless you're of an "England for the English" mindset or a Tory who plans to make money out of reducing the rest of us to serfdom?
Says the nationalist.

I can name one benefit to Brexit, it has highlighted how many utter ****ing cretinous human beings there are in the country
Such abuse...

It has highlighted the anti-democratic, entitled types who are a small minority of those people who voted remain.

It's certainly a good way to work out who to put in your "ignore" list.
The ignore function is for kids. I never cease to be amazed that people over the age of 10 admit to using it.

Talk of the devil, breaking Brexit benefit news right now...

Brexit Britain will return to ounces! https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...promises-post-Brexit-bonfire-EU-red-tape.html

Steam trains and black and white cathode-ray TVs are next.
Steam trains are ace. Not too keen on black and white TVs. Let’s hope nobody loses any sleep over another cry of wolf from a hard remainer.

FT:

"Boris Johnson’s government has promised it will legislate to allow British traders to sell their wares in pounds and ounces, rather than grammes and kilos, as it unveiled plans to seek a deregulatory dividend from Brexit. The restoration of old imperial weights, long a demand of Brexiters who resented the imposition of metric measures by Brussels, was among the top potential benefits of the UK leaving the EU listed on Thursday by Lord David Frost, the minister responsible for implementing Brexit.

The possible upsides of the UK’s exit from the EU’s regulatory orbit also included allowing publicans to reintroduce the Crown Stamp on their glassware, which had been prohibited by Brussels but the review described as an “important symbol” of Britishness.

Nigel Farage, the former Ukip leader, Brexit protagonist and real ale enthusiast, said he was “delighted” with the reintroduction of the emblem on pint glasses."

Lol.

The reasons for not having joined...
Basically they thought it was an expensive waste of time.
They had no desire to contribute to a vague unconstrained beurocracy that would decide how to spend their hard earned readies.
Can't say I blame them.

Basically they thought it was an expensive waste of time.
They had no desire to contribute to a vague unconstrained beurocracy that would decide how to spend their hard earned readies.
Can't say I blame them.

Interesting snip-down of the question I put to you.
The answer you have given is pretty much meaningless. It's a mere statement.

It's not going to be enough to list this or that individual company doing this or that as a sort of example of Brexit success. That will only ever be window dressing, chicken feed for the aggregate economy. So many of these people talking about jobs for British people and British businesses have spent the 80s, 90s and 2000s building themselves up on the back of a globalised economy. Importing cheap wares to resell and make a packet on. Or working in 'professional jobs' for companies that do this. Therefore doing practically ZERO to promote real home-grown industries.
Then as it dawned that they could be easily liquidated by either jobs/manufacture going abroad or the move to greater numbers of cheap imports replacing domestic industry, the anger set-in. Or that though there is this global economy, where far-away people could be gypped and impoverished making things developed economies could buy cheaply import and use/resell, the other side of the coin of global capitalism like labour mobility from abroad seemed not quite so beneficial.

I don't blame the average ordinary worker who has little power over economic machinations. Or those little businesses operating on a purely domestic basis. However the people who have benefited from initially promoting the global economy, greedily looking to to feed their Thatcher-inspired 'entrepreneurialism', just cried about pulling up the drawbridge because they feel it all went pear-shaped in terms of personal advantages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back