advertisement

Free jazz teaser…

Tony L

Administrator
51478002051_93f05980ee_b.jpg

I don’t normally spam-up my shop on the forum, but given this collection is an obvious outlier I’ll mention its existence. I know we have a fair few fans of this stuff here who may not normally venture into the shop. Loads of obscure free jazz, some very scarce pressings, plus a few more mainstream titles and some modern classical/avant stuff. I’ll start listing it on Sunday (10-15 a week) so it will take a couple of months to get through it.

Can we have another striptease? Blindfold yourself and puck out another half dozen to lay out prone and available :)

51479800116_f07cee8898_b.jpg

Pretty much random handfuls, though I pulled the Hat Hut boxes and Tuba Trio stuff (which I want to hear myself!) deliberately to show there are some ‘sets’ or sequences. There are a few Blue Notes etc lurking in there too, but this is pretty typical as to what to expect. A mix of original and reissues, international issues etc, variable condition, but on the whole very decent. This will take me a long time to process, so don’t expect more than 10-15 a week, as much as anything as I want to listen and learn a bit myself in the process! Not often a collection like this lands, so I want to take that opportunity. I am however pretty much running on empty with regards to rock and pop, so the listing is likely to take quite the curve into the unknown for a while!

I remember buying the Muhal Richard Abrams LP because it only received a single star in the Penguin Guide, and I wanted to hear how someone like Abrams could have got it so wrong. He didn't, of course, but it isn't jazz nor free jazz by PG standards. Make of that what you will.

That copy of Blinks by Steve Lacy is excellent, if only for the cover. Highly recommended.

I don't know the Roscoe Mitchell, it looks good, so I'll be checking in on Sunday.
A mix of original and reissues, international issues etc, variable condition, but on the whole very decent.

Do you mind me asking where they came from? A singular collection? Looks like someone knew their stuff.

How is it looking for this Sunday? Do you accept wants list enquiries or is it strictly via PFM record shop?

advertisement

Back