advertisement

Pics of your pets (part III)

Meow!

31103518506_20c3dbf001.jpg

Joe

'Keep up!'

Keep up by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

Me: A morning to enjoy a gentle walk in the fresh air around the fields near our home, with nothing but the sound of skylarks to break the silence.

Harley: A morning spent running around like a loon, rolling in unsavoury substances and scaring the living daylights out of the local pheasant population.

Smokey doing his thing. He's been helping me program for the last few days, but recently he's decided that i'm making good progress without his supervision, so he's back to lying upside down on the bed.

This was shot with the new to me P65+ back on a Phase One DF+. I was using him as a test subject to try and get the autofocus dialed in as it's tunable on this camera.

CF032843 by Cesare Ferrari, on Flickr

How’s her arthritis Paul?

Hi Rob, thanks for asking.

Touchwood we have been keeping it under control quite well and she has only had one flare up in nearly 18 months that has necessitated a trip to the vets to get some painkillers.

The last flare up was in June and since then I have been giving her a Flexi-Joint turmeric tablet with her twice daily meals (she has been having a Glucosamine tablet with each meal for a few years) and she seems to have perked up a lot and I now let her off the lead again, if there are no other dogs about, and she is full of beans and much more like her old self which is lovely to see.:)

She is going for surgery next Tuesday to remove a big lipoma (fatty lump) off the inside of her left ankle (you can just about see it in the photo). She has had it for ages and it doesn’t seem to bother her much but it is getting bigger, to the point where it is really stretching the skin taut and the vet said it needs to come off before it causes any problems.

Hi Rob, thanks for asking.

Touchwood we have been keeping it under control quite well and she has only had one flare up in nearly 18 months that has necessitated a trip to the vets to get some painkillers.

The last flare up was in June and since then I have been giving her a Flexi-Joint turmeric tablet with her twice daily meals (she has been having a Glucosamine tablet with each meal for a few years) and she seems to have perked up a lot and I now let her off the lead again, if there are no other dogs about, and she is full of beans and much more like her old self which is lovely to see.:)

She is going for surgery next Tuesday to remove a big lipoma (fatty lump) off the inside of her left ankle (you can just about see it in the photo). She has had it for ages and it doesn’t seem to bother her much but it is getting bigger, to the point where it is really stretching the skin taut and the vet said it needs to come off before it causes any problems.

Good news about her being able to have a good run around again! Hope the lump removal goes smoothly.

We got quoted £600 to have a lump removed from Ruby, plus £200 for a lab report. One of our friends is a vet (but we don’t abuse the friendship, or at least try not to), he had a look and he was 99% it was just a wart, and told us to use Wartex or similar. It worked.

wondered what the noise was from downstairs. Ziggy trying to retrieve something from the letterbox

What's funnier is the way that Marley(?) is just sitting at the top of the stairs watching.

Our Siamese, Sasha & Sukie, used to do that, usually when one or both of the Burmese (Suzy Wong & Zebedee) were "up to no good". The classic being S & S sitting on an upstairs window sill, just watching an "escaped" Zebby on the front lawn...you could almost see them thinking, "WTF is that cat doing out there????". However, cue "panic stations" for the humans to rush down and recapture the kitten.

What's funnier is the way that Marley(?) is just sitting at the top of the stairs watching.

Our Siamese, Sasha & Sukie, used to do that, usually when one or both of the Burmese (Suzy Wong & Zebedee) were "up to no good". The classic being S & S sitting on an upstairs window sill, just watching an "escaped" Zebby on the front lawn...you could almost see them thinking, "WTF is that cat doing out there????". However, cue "panic stations" for the humans to rush down and recapture the kitten.

yes that is Marley at the top. He is often a bystander looking on with curiosity and wisdom (maybe) at the antics of his brother.

advertisement

Back