advertisement

Custom Serial Cables

boneman

pfm Member
I have some Densen kit that uses Denlink cables so the pre/power/cd can communicate with one another. The cables are two metres long thus there is a lot of wrapping which I just don't like so investigating making shorter ones. I know that it's probably pretty easy to make them but I'm shite with that kind of thing. Anyone on here able to make some up (for a fee of course)? The specs are thus: D-sub15 1:1 connections, with pin 8 removed on the male connector.

P.S. I'm willing to consider making them if someone can point me to the bits I need. I checked a couple of sites but the choices were vast!

Thanks for the link but they don't seem to do anything less than 1m. Ideally I'm looking for something around 30cm or less. Will check deeper into the site. Maybe I missed it.

Might struggle to find a pre made that short TBH. Try the DIY section route.

I thought the price was a bit steep but as this is PFM and some drop thousands on stuff, I wasn't sure how others felt.

Have you tried contacting Leads Direct? They do an excellent custom build service and quite reasonable prices (IMHO). https://www.leadsdirect.co.uk/custom-leads/

Ha ha, yeah I'm not one to drop thousands even if I could. Closer to the 'cable is a cable' end of the spectrum. This looks very promising thank you. I will give them a shout.

advertisement

Back