advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the reply and information.....sounds a bad one.

You’re welcome, and yes, it was one of those where the other players are clearly distressed. The club have said he’s already been discharged from hospital, which has to be a good sign, but you’d think the scans he’ll have this week won’t look too good.

Hopefully he'll make a full recovery and come back even stronger in the way Luke Shaw has

Yes, I hope so. Unlike Luke Shaw, at least Harvey has a manager who’ll not be a complete bastard with him when returns. (What was all that about?)

It is obvious that the return of Ronaldo has brought much cheer to Utd fans & I find this really heartening. Isn’t this what football is all about? Some of the sour grapes & curmudgeonly comments from the sports journalists are really starting to grate. Can’t fans be allowed to enjoy themselves?

Sounds like he played well & Utd have a strong chance this year.

My team were done over by Stoke, despite a positive start & a few excellent players I am expecting mid table at best.
It was a fairly tight match on Saturday, you had your moments but on balance Stoke deserved the win especially for the pressure they put on in the 2nd half that led to the own goal. Felt sorry for your boy Pearson but that’s football. Your manager is good fun to watch on the sidelines, gets very animated. :)

A decent game TBH.

It was a fairly tight match on Saturday, you had your moments but on balance Stoke deserved the win especially for the pressure they put on in the 2nd half that led to the own goal. Felt sorry for your boy Pearson but that’s football. Your manager is good fun to watch on the sidelines, gets very animated. :)

A decent game TBH.
Yes, I certainly don't think we were robbed but appreciate my choice of words gave that impression. I think Stoke will have a good season & have tended to get the better of us in the last couple of seasons.

Hoping we can get something at Blackpool.

I think it was a definite red card, watching it in slo-mo he clearly has both feet off the ground as he lunges in-dangerous play has consequences.
How much must getting his ankle re-set on the pitch have hurt?

Having two feet off the ground is the very definition of running.

Was it a red? Probably. Was it a deliberately dangerous tackle? Probably not. It looked like a run of the mill yellow card in real time

It is desperately sad for the young lad, I hope he recovers without long term damage to his playing career, but difficult to attribute anything malicious to the Leeds player.

Last edited:
I do not think anyone has said or implied that the Leeds player did anything to injure Harvey . I am sure he will be very upset and concerned about the damage he has caused . Watched it last night on MOD2 and changed my mind from my original view having only seen it on Sky the once. From a different angle you can see that the Leeds player leaves the floor with a lunge and both feet off the floor , in this he no longer has any control of his body and so that lack of control endangers an opponent . Under the current rules which all players have had made clear then it is an automatic red card . Sadly the enforcing of the rules has not been as consistent as it should be . Any player lunging towards another and out of control should be given the red card it is not accpetable and should not matter if he gets the ball or misses the player that is not the foul it is the lunge and leaving the floor with both feet and having no control . Running may well have both feet leaving the floor but it is controlled and normal . My thoughts and good wishes are with Harvey and i would hope that everyone will wish him a speedy and complete recovery .

I thought he'd taken a heavy touch and the ball was there for the taking.
Not a red in my book and the Leeds player didn't look out of control to me.
Hoping he makes a quick recovery.

He was definitely jumping into the tackle and thus not in control, his trailing leg did the damage tho I don’t know any Red fans who thought it deliberate- just very unlucky outcome for Elliot - I’ve seen Fabinho do that regularly in truth - generally gets him a yellow as the player tackled avoided an injury

Quite impressed with Benitez's tactical change last night , going from a back 5 to 4 turned the match on it's head .

It is obvious that the return of Ronaldo has brought much cheer to Utd fans & I find this really heartening. Isn’t this what football is all about? Some of the sour grapes & curmudgeonly comments from the sports journalists are really starting to grate. Can’t fans be allowed to enjoy themselves?

Sounds like he played well & Utd have a strong chance this year.

My team were done over by Stoke, despite a positive start & a few excellent players I am expecting mid table at best.

Indeed - putting a bit of romance back into the Premiership. Would think anyone with an interest in football would be happy to see a CR7 type playing here but the ABU force is strong in some here.

I love Ronaldo, regardless of who he plays for, and to see him in the Premier league once more is a delight. His numbers speak for themselves, and he's the greatest player that i've seen don a shirt.

E-_xP-hX0AInZ4-

E-_xP-aXIAEhSyq

@NoContextScouse

He’s certainly making a difference…

Young Boys have only ever won two Champions league group matches .
Guess who played in both games?

The fever when UTD resigned Ronaldo was immense . After beating mighty Newcastle UTD were going to win every trophy they were in . Now after the first game against European Giants Young Boys they are not really as good as they thought . Reality is a little way between both games . UTD have a good team and a decent squad if they want to use Ronaldo then they have to build a team around him as he ages and gets slower. What they do not have is a really good and winning Manager Ollie was a legend for them as a player but seems to be an average manager , what they need is a Jurgen a Thomas or a Pep . What they have is just average . The next step is a great Manager and that has to be quick because Ronaldo is not going to last that long at the top .

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back