advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things have been a bit thin in some areas in the local Morrisons the last few weeks or so but as we're not hell-bent on artisanal this, extra virgin that or we try a different supermarket, we haven't starved yet.

Things have been a bit thin in some areas in the local Morrisons the last few weeks or so but as we're not hell-bent on artisanal this, extra virgin that or we try a different supermarket, we haven't starved yet.
What have the queues been like at Greggs then?

It might be a case of a refrigeration fault. If the freezer was faulty and they left the food in you would complain.

Also very thin on the ground in the fresh, processed potato section in M&S today so I suspect both are indicative of wider delivery and/or potato processing-related issues.

Though I noticed that things aren't yet bad enough for people to buy the cheddar cheese mash. Having tried it, I am not surprised.

Untitled.png

Same here in the local 24 hour Asda and Tesco, a very obvious lack of choice, plus it is very hard to find fruit, veg etc that is not very close to sell-by date.

As ever Brexits gonna Brexit.

Frost to the rescue:

"Lord Frost
, the Brexit minister, has announced that a series of post-Brexit health checks on goods that were due to be imposed on EU imports to the UK from later this year, or from January, are being postponed. He says this will give businesses more time to prepare.

We want businesses to focus on their recovery from the pandemic rather than have to deal with new requirements at the border, which is why we’ve set out a pragmatic new timetable for introducing full border controls.

Businesses will now have more time to prepare for these controls which will be phased in throughout 2022.

The government remains on track to deliver the new systems, infrastructure and resourcing required."

Whilst I don't agree with his stance on the EU, in fairness to EV, I think he's saying both EU and UK Government have practices and behaviors he doesn't like.

Have you actually read any of EV's paranoid diatribes? I feel no obligation to be "fair" to EV in any shape or form.
He and his ideologues have trashed the economic and social prospects of my children and the rest of the country probably for a generation or more.
All to keep the Tory party together and promote a wildly right wing economic and repellent social/immigration agenda.

That is a total misrepresentation of a very important fact, as well you know.

The EU is not Europe.

Many of your posts demonstrate an irrational dislike of the EU. Have you asked yourself why? Did a young Fräulein called Ursula break your heart on a school field trip to Brussels once? And I'm not sure how you can credibly claim that the EU is not Europe (or European) unless you've bought into Boris's tabloid-inspired nonsensical argument. The EU is ingrained in Europe as much Europe is ingrained in the EU.

Many of your posts demonstrate an irrational dislike of the EU. Have you asked yourself why? Did a young Fräulein called Ursula break your heart on a school field trip to Brussels once? And I'm not sure how you can credibly claim that the EU is not Europe (or European) unless you've bought into Boris's tabloid-inspired nonsensical argument. The EU is ingrained in Europe as much Europe is ingrained in the EU.

Twaddle.

Have you actually read any of EV's paranoid diatribes?

Many.

Most of which I don't agree with.

I feel no obligation to be "fair" to EV in any shape or form.

I have not asked you to do so; that is your prerogative.

He and his ideologues have trashed the economic and social prospects of my children and the rest of the country probably for a generation or more.
All to keep the Tory party together and promote a wildly right wing economic and repellent social/immigration agenda.

That's true and nothing I disagree with.

I took the inference from your post that that his ire is exclusively against the EU and has a blind spot where the Tories are concerned. He doesn't and has made that point in his posts.

I don't think the EU is beyond reproach; they have exhibited some bad behaviours. I took all that into account when I put the 'x' in the box and made a choice. That does not make me a Tory fanboi (or does it) any more than it makes EV one, as you appeared to suggest.

If I have misunderstood your post, then I apologize.

Do you think the EU is a squeaky-clean and perfect, absolutely (as opposed to compared to the UK Governement)?

EV's narrative on all things EU here is mostly verbose spin designed to provide air cover for his politics.

Yes, the EU is perfect. Obviously.

If everyone stopped being suckered into the EV/Brian blame game, this thread would die the death it should have died 12 months ago.
I hardly post in this thread anymore...

If hard remainers were to behave like adults the thread wouldn't even exist. It's never been about "benefits of brexit", it's just supposed grown men behaving like fishwives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back