advertisement

Topping P50 Linear Power Supply

foxwelljsly

Me too, I ate one sour too.
As the delighted owner of 2 E30 DACs and an A50 headphone amplifier, I am wondering if the Topping P50 Linear power supply would bring any improvements to either.

Anyone here tried this product or have any thoughts?

cheers

Last edited:
Are you using a battery pack to power your E30's?
Nope, phone chargers. It would be a major inconvenience to have to keep recharging battery packs,although I may try it in the main system and see how long they last.

Nope, phone chargers. It would be a major inconvenience to have to keep recharging battery packs,although I may try it in the main system and see how long they last.
I use a big heavy cb radio power supply to my tripath amps..makes the a big difference to the sound..I also use a bank of AA rechargeable batteries too..I get about 3 days use before they need recharging..it is a faff to recharge them however once I heard the music from battery power! Its worth the bother..

I use a P50 with a D50S and Chromecast. I tried power banks and different switching power supplies before then. I was surprised at the differences. The P50 gave a less bright sound and initially I thought that there was less detail. It's less immediately impressive but all there. Not sure if worth the money for me. But powering 3 components makes better sense.

I use a P50 with a D50S and Chromecast. I tried power banks and different switching power supplies before then. I was surprised at the differences. The P50 gave a less bright sound and initially I thought that there was less detail. It's less immediately impressive but all there. Not sure if worth the money for me. But powering 3 components makes better sense.

Hadn't thought of powering the CCA off it as well. Running the office E30 off the 5v/2.1A port of a power bank today. I THINK it sounds better, but I suspect it is negligible or expectation bias at work.

advertisement

Back