advertisement

Hms vigil

Amazing , lost a fridge after 4 days losing fresh food, then chasing a Russian sub . Surprised they surface for a small burn to a hand , hardly massive injury but I guess they can't cope with it . Incredibly cramped conditions

Suranne Jones? Wasn't she an old man?.....

Sorry, Anne Oldman.

Anyone else thoroughly enjoy Charlie Brooker's 'Touch of Cloth'?

Basically, half of them seem to have forgotten what side they’re on. I keep looking forward to the scenes where someone opens a very important top secret safe or control panel to reveal a row of hidden optics, and when Jack can’t be found no matter how many times they shout his name.

I'm keeping a vigil on this thread, as I read in yesterday's paper that howls of anguish were directed at the Beeb by detail spotters. In the last episode, the commander, with 3 stripes on his epaulette, came back in the next scene a few minutes later as a 4-stripe captain.

One observer wondered how promotion in the navy was so meteoric.

i notice on the real submarine programme they hotbed the bunks , so you get 6 hours each . just have to hope the the person you share with does not have scabies or lice !! but they check for that all the time on routine inspections

I'm keeping a vigil on this thread, as I read in yesterday's paper that howls of anguish were directed at the Beeb by detail spotters. In the last episode, the commander, with 3 stripes on his epaulette, came back in the next scene a few minutes later as a 4-stripe captain.

One observer wondered how promotion in the navy was so meteoric.
Perhaps dealing with stroppy, civilian detectives with problems in enclosed spaces (defectives?) merits quick promotion. Or perhaps the producers are like the Beatles, who, realising that people were dissecting their song lyrics for deep, inner meaning, starting putting in stuff deliberately to confuse them.

Well, it's a good fiction. Not sure how she's going to get out of that. Why was that dude spending so long at the torp tubes control panel? Was it who I think it was? I reckon Burke will come back from the dead, and lop him over the head with a wrench.

Loving it as family TV, daughter joined us again to watch live. Don’t think she has watched live TV in 10 years.

Great cliffhanger end and next Sunday is already being looked forward to. Just like watching TV 20 years ago.

I’m hoping she gets fired out of the torpedo tube, the Russki agent wins and WWIII starts.

She will either be rescued, wet and weepy, by any one of a number of possibles, or she will be shot out of the tube without her eardrums collapsing and float elegantly to the surface whilst re-living her former experiences in her sinking car.
She's a resourceful sort....:rolleyes:

advertisement

Back