advertisement

The 2021 F1 Season.

OK, you asked for it. Hamilton's fault imho, but the stewards will have the final say. They're more qualified to make a decision than members of a Hi-Fi forum.
Yes and as I have stated before the stewards are not only more qualified than anyone here, they also have access to data that you will not see unless you are in a team (and that is a lot of data logged on the race car, GPS for the team cars and competitors and different TV camera angles).

In addition to all that data the stewards will most likely have access to additional cameras that are used for monitoring track safety as opposed to providing footage for the directors to select from.

In my opinion Max showed his inexperience in the Hamilton crash. He was obviously annoyed with his slow pit-stop and didn't want Lewis to get ahead of him as he exited the pits. However, Hamilton was slightly ahead in Turn 1 and especially 2, which was clearly Hamilton's. Max cannot expect Lewis to not take the apex at Turn 2 and give him room. That would be giving Max a free overtake. Max should have bailed like Lewis did when they came together earlier at Turn 4. The Stewards agree with me, but I think Max has got off a bit lightly with only a 3 grid penalty for Russia. I felt it should have been 5.

Christian Horner was unconvincing to me when interviewed about the incident. I don't think he really believed himself that Max wasn't responsible. If it was the other way round, for sure as hell he would want a severe punishment for Hamilton. Helmut would have probably wanted Hamilton thrown out the Championship!

Paul di Resta talks allot of rubbish doesn't he? I don't see his relevance to the Sky F1 Team. I thought Damon Hill called it right and he didn't sit on the fence with his views. Plus he and said it to Horner's face too. Good for him.

From Autosport:

“The Stewards observed on CCTV footage that the driver of Car 44 was driving an avoiding line, although his position caused Car 33 to go onto the kerb. But further, the Stewards observed that Car 33 was not at all alongside Car 44 until significantly into the entry into Turn 1.”

OK, you asked for it. Hamilton's fault imho, but the stewards will have the final say. They're more qualified to make a decision than members of a Hi-Fi forum.
On you last point, I agree! On you first point….the stewards have explained in detail why Max is to blame.

Just finished watching it on Sky & Brundle & his co commentator were saying Lewis at fault. I didn’t see it that way at all, just Max thinking he could bully his way through against Lewis with a move that was never on. He needs to calm down or he could lose his best chance of a first WC.

Not really consistent given how leniently Shamilton was treated for his Silverstone episode which was much more dangerous potentially.

I like this thread as it’s generally free of the sort of fanboy posters who childishly change driver’s names to illustrate their dislike of someone they’ve likely never met.

On today’s crash it was a racing incident in my book, but whoever you blame these two need to take it easier before one or both of them get hurt. Silverstone… Max was very lucky, today that luck befell Hamilton who nearly had a Red Bull wheel on his head.

Just finished watching it on Sky & Brundle & his co commentator were saying Lewis at fault. I didn’t see it that way at all...

Having viewed it several times, I would still agree with Brundle, but a decision has been reached, so that's that.

I like this thread as it’s generally free of the sort of fanboy posters who childishly change driver’s names to illustrate their dislike of someone they’ve likely never met.

I think you may have missed some of the earlier posts. :(

On today’s crash it was a racing incident in my book, but whoever you blame these two need to take it easier before one or both of them get hurt. Silverstone… Max was very lucky, today that luck befell Hamilton who nearly had a Red Bull wheel on his head.

Like Chavstappen? I don't need to meet him, I just need to see how he acts on and off the racetrack, and today was a prime example of why I have christened him such.

Lewis literally hasn't really stepped a foot wrong really over this season, so referring to it as 'these two' is BS. Lewis has given way many times, Max hasn't, and clearly won't no matter how impossible what he is trying to do is.

It’s so Max’s fault, almost entirely.
He went in too fast, ran wide on the entry to the chicane, then bounced on the kerbs. He wasn’t fully alongside Lewis, and he wasn’t in full control of his car at all times. Lewis was taking an avoiding line.

If you want to take the banzai option every single time, this is what happens.

If he calmed down just a little, played the waiting game a little more, he’d be champion this year. As it is, he’s behaving like someone who couldn’t care less about anyone else.

Did Max ask how Lewis was at any point?

It’s so Max’s fault, almost entirely.
He went in too fast, ran wide on the entry to the chicane, then bounced on the kerbs. He wasn’t fully alongside Lewis, and he wasn’t in full control of his car at all times. Lewis was taking an avoiding line.

If you want to take the banzai option every single time, this is what happens.

If he calmed down just a little, played the waiting game a little more, he’d be champion this year. As it is, he’s behaving like someone who couldn’t care less about anyone else.

Did Max ask how Lewis was at any point?

He’s becoming hard to like.

Anyway, well done Danny Ric. I wrote him off a few days ago but that was some drive . Nailed his start & controlled it from there. Another top drive from Lando too & the teams first win for 9 years.

Was watching it Live on Sky and the first thing that struck me was how the trajectory of the red Bull changed after he hit that big kerb on the apex. Did he turn his wheel towards Hamilton rather than away?

Must've done if he got a penalty I spose. The guy's a hothead and that slow pitstop peesed him off too much.

My heart was in my mouth for awhile after it happened. Was a bit worried with the lack of movement from Hamilton. But he's just trying to figure out how to reverse his car out.. How nuts was that?

Without the Halo he would be paralysed with a spinal injury or a t worst Dead. Big props to the designers of that thing (I hated it when it was first introduced but it certainly saved a serious one today)

My heart was in my mouth for awhile after it happened. Was a bit worried with the lack of movement from Hamilton. But he's just trying to figure out how to reverse his car out.. How nuts was that?

I would have loved to see him dragging the Red Bull down the road if he got it out of the gravel!

I didn’t and still don’t agree with Brundle. Neither did those that matter - the stewards.
It was always going to happen as they are in a championship fight and won’t give each other space.
They tend to go for bullyish minimal space like their forefathers.
Racing incident like Hamilton’s at silverstone for me.
Still we all have an opinion and the stewards are the decision makers.
Good to see the Mclarens 1 & 2.
It’s been such a big effort from them.

advertisement

Back