advertisement

wigwam show [ kegworth ] is off

What as in maybe £1300? Same difference.... There was all sorts of payments schemes etc when I looked a few years ago, you could be a trade member on a monthly basis or get reductions for booking up 6 months in one block etc, but it was certainly possible to end up paying around £2k.
Unless I can post on the wam, and do some business, for a similar £50 ish as here I will not be joining.

Jez, please wait and see. I have raised this issue. Thanks.

FWIW Trade Accounts are hopelessly underpriced here for the amount of coverage they provide (pfm is more busy than WigWam). I keep it low as I like not having to give a shit about losing it. I just don’t care about £50 so it means I can moderate without bias, I’m not in anyone’s pocket. I suspect it should be at least £500 given the traffic, and that’s still generous. What I’m trying to say is I suspect WigWam aren’t hugely out here, I’m just an outlier with a very different mindset.

PS To be honest I’ve got about 6 months behind again. I have so many trade accounts to invoice for now. I don’t think I’ve sent any requests out at all this tax year yet. I’ll likely do it all in a week or two. I suspect the covid lockdown etc has screwed about with my motivation more than I realise!

I have no idea what the going rate is but I have raised it as one of the things to look at.

That person (Peter S) has gone. As I said it is becoming run by enthusiasts for enthusiasts, but Danny and Roo need some time. The changes have started and dealer's membership is on the list for real change.

What as in maybe £1300? Same difference.... There was all sorts of payments schemes etc when I looked a few years ago, you could be a trade member on a monthly basis or get reductions for booking up 6 months in one block etc, but it was certainly possible to end up paying around £2k.
Unless I can post on the wam, and do some business, for a similar £50 ish as here I will not be joining.

yes not too many trade members on wam currently , rick post some good tunes sometimes [ musicraft ]

Does the wam still insist that even a one man band such as myself must be a trade member to do any business there... and then try to charge such an exorbitant trade fee that only the likes of Rega or Linn were likely to be happy to pay it?

It's a few years since I checked but they wanted something like £2000 a year!!! Compared to £50 here.... No chance! Not even if they knocked the last digit off!

Arent you banned on WigWam anyway back in 2013?

https://www.hifiwigwam.com/forum/to...ess-electronics/?tab=comments#comment-1463668

yes not too many trade members on wam currently , rick post some good tunes sometimes [ musicraft ]

I'm not surprised with those fee's for trade membership!!

Unfortunately few hi fi forums are particularly trade friendly... several do not offer trade membership and will also not allow any touting for business and a few more have "trade sponsor" arrangements which no doubt are intended to attract fairly large businesses who are willing to pay loadsa money.

Tony sorry for another wam thread .

No problem at all, I just hope the Wam gets its mojo back. I don’t really understand what happened, who did what or why. I briefly met Peter (at his first show) but I never got into any of the politics, I wasn’t interested in involving pfm in anything etc. To be honest I’ve lost contact since James left, and that’s ages ago now. I’ll try and get across to the next show if logistics are feasible and get all the gossip there!

What the forum needs is some loose canons. Wait a sec :)

Not a chance. It's the Thickpocalypse over there now, good luck and all mate, but...

y4my5NxKV_O9X4oWzL4MXm2IXyA748WnzjwDQf3-eufbrpZ-LpC6gORkBOPV5EUB0HTLfspG-bUXP1FlE0TIugW1cOH0tHY7xMfOTx38DbbUDjJtV0nxMteowJIFES-khzhANumN-7cP0kPAlb9R9_UzUR03So2x5SngbLL0ZnTzSfw4maBCQwg-3BEJ2Rf9m6a

advertisement

Back