advertisement

Your Most Embarrassing Favourite Albums

I love a bit of Euro-Synthpop, so I'll go with Fancy:

ab67616d0000b273b8cf7b409bfc7ef053c0e2d2

Several Dylan albums with embarrassing covers Empire Burlesque, Shot of Love, Saved among others.
I’ve never understood it, he’s a painter and not a bad one.

Even I am embarrassed about this, a bit.

I blame Nile Rogers.

R-6363459-1417392159-7454.jpeg.jpg

More Images

Madonna ‎– The Immaculate Collection
Genre:
Electronic, Pop
Style:
Synth-pop, Dance-pop, Ballad
Year:
Notes:
The 1st Madonna best-of compilation, released early November, 1990.

I have the vinyl double and 3 copies of the c.d.

Eeek! I’d forgotten I’d got that. In fact an actual embarrassing memory, when I played a track that showed off the system to my sister. Only later realising it was mainly shagging noises.

Eeek! I’d forgotten I’d got that. In fact an actual embarrassing memory, when I played a track that showed off the system to my sister. Only later realising it was mainly shagging noises.

That track is my least played on the album, just sounded like it was stealing a Public Enemy backbeat :(

Yep, and I seem to remember an interview with her at the time when the track came out saying it was a beat she just had laying around.

I cannot fault Madonna for jumping any bandwagon she saw. Like Guy Ritchie :)
or indeed Nile Rogers.

Even I am embarrassed about this, a bit.

I blame Nile Rogers.

R-6363459-1417392159-7454.jpeg.jpg

More Images

Madonna ‎– The Immaculate Collection
Genre:
Electronic, Pop
Style:
Synth-pop, Dance-pop, Ballad
Year:
Notes:
The 1st Madonna best-of compilation, released early November, 1990.

I have the vinyl double and 3 copies of the c.d.

Feel no shame, the first 4 Madonna albums are brilliant. She did utter dross after that with all that Erotica pish, but play The Immaculate Collection with pride!

Nina Hagen - NunSexMonkRock. I really liked her first two albums with The Nina Hagen Band, a kind of apocalyptic Punk. There were reports that her first (bona fide) solo album would be more commercial and US radio friendly, it turned out to be bonkers. Remember that mag (I can't recall it's name) from the early 80's which was a bit of cardboard with a cassette stuck on the front (the cassette was the mag) and reviewers gave their opinions of new releases. Well, Annette Peacock gave NunSexMonkRock a scathing review, but you were played snippets of the songs and I liked what I heard. If I recall correctly Ian Gillen reviewed Robert Plants first solo album and gave it a great review, I wasn't that convinced with the snippets that were played, but being a big Zep fan I bought it anyway.

Does anyone remember that mag?

I have a Patsy Cline compilation too, not embarrassed in the slightest. Who is going to own up to Sydney Devine.

I love a bit of Euro-Synthpop, so I'll go with Fancy:

ab67616d0000b273b8cf7b409bfc7ef053c0e2d2
Now that is something I never expected to see on an audiophile site, kudos to you! ‘Slice Me Nice’ is an absolute classic Italo banger. Have you heard the extended mix of The Flirts ‘Helpless’ which segues into the melody from ‘Slice Me Nice’? One of my favourite and surprising moments in music, the first time I heard it. Bobby O firing a shot across the bows of the Italians, maybe.

Now that is something I never expected to see on an audiophile site, kudos to you! ‘Slice Me Nice’ is an absolute classic Italo banger. Have you heard the extended mix of The Flirts ‘Helpless’ which segues into the melody from ‘Slice Me Nice’? One of my favourite and surprising moments in music, the first time I heard it. Bobby O firing a shot across the bows of the Italians, maybe.

I'm really going to have to check The Flirts 'Helpless' now. Thanks for posting to this!

advertisement

Back