advertisement

Genesis

Maybe they are just in too deep and don't want to be throwing it all away quite yet. Should be checking into a nice little (care?) home by the sea and taking it easy IMHO.

I got notification of the upcoming tour I had a look at some of the clips from Phils latest tour. It’s pretty obvious due to his health it’s unlikely to be a performance that we’re used to from him. One of the Genesis promotional clips showed backing singers behind the band which could be viewed as another red flag.
Add to the fact Phil won’t be behind the kit it all adds up to a waste of money to me.
I wish them well but I won’t be there!

But seriously, I’ve seen them live around 2010 or so, I’d say that the band was about sound. A huge, brilliant, fat sound, it’s what made them. Phil Collins does know a thing or two about producing. Their songwriting, in turn… there’s definitely a gap between them and the *really* great bands. But a wonderful legacy nonetheless.

Looking up Phil on the beeb today, bless him, but I think he probably has enough money in the bank and should probably take it easy.

I'll send him a fax.

There is a trailer for the tour floating about. Collins seems very downbeat, miserable and old, and Rutherford was hardly a bundle of joy.

Looking up Phil on the beeb today, bless him, but I think he probably has enough money in the bank and should probably take it easy.
Possibly not, if he gets together for a third time with his former wife Orianne Cevey, who was particularly efficient at emptying his accounts. He was certainly good at playing drums.

You are joking. Right ?

No, he's not. He's one of those who prefers the banal simplicity of the 'music' of Collins over the relative complexity of Gabriel's compositions. The latter is someone you need to invest time in to fully appreciate and some people just aren't capable. I'm very lucky I can and do as Gabriel is a bona fide genius in my book and his solo albums as well as the proper Genesis catalogue (not that of the Phil Collins led Genesis Lite) have been musical highlights for me for many decades now and will continue to be so. He's also a very decent human being with his work with world musicians and human rights organisations... not an accusation I could level at Collins!

He's one of those who prefers the banal simplicity of the 'music' of Collins over the relative complexity of Gabriel's compositions. The latter is someone you need to invest time in to fully appreciate and some people just aren't capable. I'm very lucky I can and do as Gabriel is a bona fide genius in my book and his solo albums as well as the proper Genesis catalogue (not that of the Phil Collins led Genesis Lite) have been musical highlights for me for many decades now and will continue to be so. He's also a very decent human being with his work with world musicians and human rights organisations... not an accusation I could level at Collins!

PARKLIFE!

No, he's not. He's one of those who prefers the banal simplicity of the 'music' of Collins over the relative complexity of Gabriel's compositions. The latter is someone you need to invest time in to fully appreciate and some people just aren't capable. I'm very lucky I can and do as Gabriel is a bona fide genius in my book and his solo albums as well as the proper Genesis catalogue (not that of the Phil Collins led Genesis Lite) have been musical highlights for me for many decades now and will continue to be so. He's also a very decent human being with his work with world musicians and human rights organisations... not an accusation I could level at Collins!

Or Gabriel did lots of arty farty impenetrable bollocks lyrics (admittedly not on a "Yes" scale) with self indulgent turgidly long "stories" and Collins energised them with less complex music that more people could relate to and appreciate. :)

Tongue in cheek. I liked all of Genesis output up to probably "Invisible Touch". The split was in hindsight a great thing. Gabriel's best stuff happened as a solo artist and Trick, W&W and Seconds Out are probably my favourite Genesis albums. Win Win.

I'm glad this is in off-topic rather than the music room, that seems correct

large.vic_bob_handbags.jpg.a80ed0e36b942ce501063c75654d80f5.jpg

advertisement

Back