advertisement

Linn Sekrit DSM - The future of Hi Fi?

kristoffer

Danish Hi Fi NERD
Linns latest seems like the future for hi fi and it will be interesting to see if other companies follow suit.
A small box you can hide with amp, HDMI and the ability to stream and even a analogue input. Everything can be controlled via an iphone / iphone or smartphone.

http://docs.linn.co.uk/wiki/index.php/Sekrit_DSM
Price is about 1.600 pounds.

I can't find how much power it has? :confused:

Design wise it looks OK - more 'serious' IMO than the Kiko.

Just add a some easy to drive speakers like a pair of Harbeths and hide it in the cupboard, and you have a very minimalist system.

But the future part is that this is all in one box instead of three.

Exactly.

Also, because it's network controlled, it no longer needs to be in line of sight - the only visible part of such a system would be the two speakers.

Exactly.

Also, because it's network controlled, it no longer needs to be in line of sight - the only visible part of such a system would be the two speakers.

And even then linn do a range of decent in wall speakers which are paintable!

Looks great, but badly let down by a silly price - I have never understood Linn pricing.

A £995 Unitiqute can do much the same and has done for a few years.

I got this demostrated at a dealer. He controlled everything via an ipad mini. The interface was really good. The only thing that would worry me is lack of power. It sounded ok on the small Linn speakers they had hooked up to it.

advertisement

Back