advertisement

What will be playing in your own private hell?

Virtually all Jazz
Bjork
Rap
Anything with a vocorder being used

Jazz mightn't be so bad in hell. It's the only time/place I can ever envisage having to endure it long enough to get to the point where - possibly - it makes some kind of sense.

Alternatively, as has been suggested above, if you listen to music (even that which you like) for long enough, it eventually becomes a torture. If that is case, I could quite comfortably listen to that truly awful unstructured jazz stuff with no discernible rhythm or melody for the rest of eternity without fear of liking it any less :)

Bruce Springsteen, I followed Middlesbrough home and many away games for 11 seasons, my mate was always happy to drive but would only listen to Bruce Springsteen, quite waring on a long away trip. There's plenty more that I'm not keen on.

Cheers BB

Too much of some artists I otherwise like. Seems to be with the voices. Elvis Costello, Richard Thompson and Roland Gift spring to mind.
Can't explain it, sorry.

Country and western.
I’m fine with country, I’ve got several albums of this, but C&W of the Dolly Parton/Tammy Wynette, etc, flavour just gets on my nerves for some reason.

Oh, and Haydn. There’ll be loads of Haydn, mainly because there is loads of the bloody stuff…

I don't know why but a piece of music I cannot stand is Mr Blue Sky by wassisname. I'm sure it's a great tune bit for some reason I cannot bear to hear it.
I think I know why. It’s because everything by wassisname sounds exactly like everything else by wassisname, not to mention everything that wassisname has produced. So when you are thinking ‘oh no, not Mr Bloody Blue Sky again!’ it’s probably in fact a totally different song.

I sometimes wonder if sometime in the mid '80's there was a "day of the triffids" type thing went on, but unlike the hero in the film who was the only one who wasn't blind, I was one of only a few who weren't affected by some evil alien space ray that turned a large part of the population into people who were unable to hear that almost everything in the charts after that time sounded like a very slight remix of the previous record that was played (repeat ad infinitum) and consisted of a thump thump thump that did not vary from one track to the next and which totally dominated every record.... and that almost all suddenly had only 2 or 3 chords:D

advertisement

Back