advertisement

wigwam show [ kegworth ] is off

hifinutt

hifinutt
sad news , the show is off

https://www.hifiwigwam.com/forum/topic/154520-important-notice/

From the new boss ...

"My name is Roo, I am the son of the owner of HiFi Wigwam (Rachel). The purpose of this post is to inform all forum members of some important changes.

Effective immediately, Peter (the previous admin) no longer has any involvement in the forum. There are aspects of the changes you may consider positive, but one you most likely will not. Some members may be aware of my mother and Peter’s relations and other business. Unfortunately, everything has been left in somewhat of a mess, and my mother is also currently in hospital.

First and foremost, I do not propose to make any major changes to the forum or to promise things that are impossible or that go against the wishes of the majority of forum members. I am now aware of some of the problems with the forum and of issues members have raised. My main work is as a developer, so the site itself will be my first focus, with the aim of resolving the problems.

The bad news is that although it was my mother’s strong wish for the 2021 show to go ahead, with a heavy heart I have to announce that we have no option but to postpone it until the spring. We are aware some members would have anyway preferred this, though we also know it will be a disappointment to many. Regrettably, most of the arrangements appear not to have been completed, to the extent that the hotel cannot actually offer the required space, as they are carrying out some works. We initially propose making it a two-day event again (i.e., setup on Saturday, ticketed visitors on Sunday as it used to be), which seems to be most people’s preference. We also suggest running the show on the 26th and 27th March, but we would be happy to be flexible to suit all the exhibitors. Under any circumstances, we will refund any exhibitor payments made by any member who does not wish to continue participating."

Wig wam has become a boys club for a select few, shame when I joined a decade back it was a fun and place great for box swapping.
Has now got a oddly bitter atmosphere to a lot of posts and classifieds cost me a bundle when a scammer got a toehold, reported it and got banned.
just looked at front page, Puritan cables now on its 63rd page!
For a notoriously sceptical site this strikes me as odd, anyone got shares?

The year of the snowstorm was the last year I exhibited. I remember carrying a 30 Kg Receiver down a snow covered icy fire escape, thinking this is madness. Subsequent to that I volunteer for break cover for other exhibitors. Then I can visit, enjoy the show and still take an active part.

It's hard not to get involved in any WW discussion. I have not been 'back' in 2 years and have no idea about any of this:

"Some members may be aware of my mother and Peter’s relations and other business"

No we/i don't.

or this:
Damned shame ....there were some GREAT things in the works.

and it would be helpful if the posters could give us a hint or three of what that means.
I did go back yesterday on the strength of this post but found very few of my old pals posting. It seems to have been invaded by the WhatHiFi forum at somepoint. Odd, since for 10 years, mentioning WHF would have got you a ban :)

Not been on the wam for ages but had a look today. Most interesting is Mondie aka Simon's new speakers on his endgame speakers thread.

Wig wam has become a boys club for a select few, shame when I joined a decade back it was a fun and place great for box swapping.
Has now got a oddly bitter atmosphere to a lot of posts and classifieds cost me a bundle when a scammer got a toehold, reported it and got banned.
just looked at front page, Puritan cables now on its 63rd page!
For a notoriously sceptical site this strikes me as odd, anyone got shares?
It’s completely changed over the years but is much less of a boys club for the select few these days. Maybe not so much fun, but then you had to be “in” for it to be funny.

The reason the Puritan thread has kept on running is because there are sceptics and objectivists (some might say objectionables) putting a contrary view. I’m not sure about incoming WHF members but there were a lot of people who moved in from the Linn forum. I quite miss the old wam but not enough to join abattoir!

Well, just to cheer you up, we are reverting to the 2-day format; Sat and Sunday. The forum is being properly fixed software wise. And next years show will be properly organised which, this years was not. Linn Products have also confirmed they will attend the new Show with their new Klimax streamer and a Linn system that will truly show it off. Yes the big one.

I'll sign off now, so as not to attract Tony's wrath.

It will take a hell of a lot better coms and frequent updates to coax
me back

Time will tell , I have requested my refund that I paid in 2019

The forum is being properly fixed software wise.

You might need to address the main landing/splash page.

It’s been possible for quite some time to see topics posted, although not the content, in the Moderators forum within the “Live Forum” section. The “Recent Posts” section is full of spam for foreign brides, financial and software advice. Not a very professional look.

Let’s just call this my parting gift to the ‘Wam.

advertisement

Back