advertisement

The Paralympics 2020/1 Japan

Big Tabs

looking backwards, going forwards
What are you enjoying watching?

What are you looking forwards to seeing?

What positive thoughts have you relating to the 2020 Paralympics?

I am watching the wonderfully bonkers opening ceremony.
Heartwarming stuff.

Looking forward to Rosie Jones commentary on The Last Leg

My youngest Son was in the same class as one of the Paralympic swimming Gold medalists from a while ago, I don’t know if he is in this time.

I don’t have anything particular I want to watch, I am looking forward to being surprised, humbled and impressed.

I have a friend who's son narrowly missed out qualifying for the swimming team so will be watching that along with other highlight in the evening show. The Last Leg is always amazing, best Paralympic post event show ever.

Dame Sarah Storey was dominant in the Cycling Womens Pursuit C5 3000m.
Easy (!) Gold, with Crystal Lane-Wright getting Silver for GB as well.
I find the cycling a bit boring but appreciated being able to hear the bikes on the course. I would have liked a go on those banked tracks, they look fun.

Watched some of the swimming, but I struggle a bit with the different categories, which there are many.
I did see a clip of the Men’s high jump were the competitors have only one leg. Wow, higher than I would have thought. Want to see that.

I think the wheelchair rugby heats have started. I don’t like rugby but I do want to see how team GB does against the U.S.A. team.

GB not doing bad in the medal table.

I discount the pretend russian team, what a farce.

pixel.gif

Rosie Jones on The Last Leg exceeded all expectations last night.

Go Team Cerebral Palsy :):):p

Fantastic.

I am unable to quote her because I forgot the words, but she pushed the boat out and sank it.

Enjoying the murderball mixed wheelchair rugby final .

U.S.A. vs. G.B.

it is a lively game.

Ellie Challis - Silver in the 50m.Backstroke S3 :) Amazing. Challis was like a motorboat. The speed of her arms was incredible. Deserved Silver.

Fascinating semi-final in the women’s wheelchair basketball.
U.S.A. vs. China.

China doing well.

edit: China won.

wow.

Exciting Men’s Wheelchair basketball semi-final Japan vs. GB.

Japan have it I think.

I have been delighted by the Paralympics, and amazed by how well Team G.B. has done.
Second in the world seems highly unlikely, but there you go.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/n.../tokyo-2020-paralympic-games-full-medal-table

I don’t think there has been any sport that I have seen that I haven’t enjoyed.

The mixed universal 100m. relay was fantastic, and I would like to see more mixed discipline relay races. (GB - Silver)

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...picsgb-win-upgraded-silver-in-universal-relay

The next Paralympics is in France in 3 years time (I think) so will be easier to watch ‘live.’

Maybe the French will achieve a higher position than 14th? :)

advertisement

Back