advertisement

Gninnam's System

Digital :

For digital duties I use a Raspberry PI streamer with Volumio installed. This has a 7 inch touch screen with a quick 3D case knocked up by myself.
It has a USB DVD drive connected which is used to rip CD's but I occasionally listened to CD's - works very well.
The PI has an R2-R DAC HAT (as in a board connected directly to the PI) which is superb at what it does.
I have a PI NAS with a 6Tb USB drive attached for streaming (and storing) FLAC files, plus signed up to Tidal and Spotify (for the family) which work either directly from the touch screen or can be managed from a tablet/phone/laptop etc.

20210830_203400.jpg

20210830_203351.jpg

Digital is not high in my priorities for music but good for finding new music so I can look to get on vinyl :)
Do you use LMS CD player plug in?

No - I use Volumio to access the CD drive - I have also subscribed to Volumio (think its £25 per year) so I can use Tidal and also rip CD's
Have you tried Daphile or Vortexbox lately. You can use Tidal and any other service with its LMS server.

Have you tried Daphile or Vortexbox lately. You can use Tidal and any other service with its LMS server.
I haven't - happy with what I have. Trying to work out what I would gain going to another system and using LMS server?

Amps:

Used as a pre-amp (a brilliant headphone amp but a very good pre-amp) is my Myryad Z40

20210830_203415.jpg

Doing power am duties is a Pure Sound A30 and I love's it :)

20210830_203432.jpg

So I take it the Myryad/Puresound combination is preferable to using the volume control on the A30 alone?

Nice QL-7, the motor unit definitely deserved a better plinth than the stock one.
I have one in the shed somewhere buried under who knows what, not seen it for 20 years!

So I take it the Myryad/Puresound combination is preferable to using the volume control on the A30 alone?
To my ears it does, but the A30 only supports 3 inputs and I had 4 and I enjoy using headphones (which I will also show).

Nice QL-7, the motor unit definitely deserved a better plinth than the stock one.
I have one in the shed somewhere buried under who knows what, not seen it for 20 years!
Only ever heard this on in the current plinth and I thought it was great.

gnninam, hello :)

Very nice setup! Can you write a few words on how your turntables compare between each other?

gnninam, hello :)

Very nice setup! Can you write a few words on how your turntables compare between each other?
Thanks.
Very quick:
ORBE - Great at dynamics and the bass is excellent
SP-10 - Rhythm and pace is to die for and everything seems 'solid'

Can't separate them on sound quality or engaging me and keeping me hooked on what is playing

Both are so enjoyable I will not part with either of them - ever (unless the right amount of pound notes came my way!)

Headphones:

Sennheiser HD 477:

20210901_213000.jpg

Sennheiser HD 545 Reference:

20210901_211830.jpg

Sennheiser HD 600:

20210901_212143.jpg

Bit of a theme above I think..........

Amps:

Used as a pre-amp (a brilliant headphone amp but a very good pre-amp) is my Myryad Z40

20210830_203415.jpg

Doing power am duties is a Pure Sound A30 and I love's it :)

20210830_203432.jpg

Veeeeery nice. I have a lot of time for Myryad kit, I've been using an MDP-500 (which is supposed to be an AV pre/processor) as a stereo pre for yonks.

advertisement

Back