advertisement

Sub or not...

I just tried one of the setups Anthony Grimani suggested. Subs being fed a mono signal a quarter into the room each facing the sidewall opposite of each other. Early impressions are very good.

Edit: Like Really f-in good.

In this case the REL is very good. Has integrated very well with the Maggies. Don’t reviews and marketing underpin most hifi products nowadays including those sold by traders. And aren’t traders just another layer of marketing? I tend to look at comments made by real everyday users and then listen for myself. Avoids the lumpiness of some with it’s heightened speed and the bass is tight and appropriate.

Can I ask where have you placed your sub and the size of your room ?

Can I ask where have you placed your sub and the size of your room ?

Hi. Of course. The room is longish and narrow. About 10m long and 5m wide approx. The Maggies are set about 3m from the rear wall and half a metre in on each side. The sub is at the rear right hand corner. Originally I set it up via the YPAO system used by the Yamaha but I wanted to try the Neutrik and glad I did.It feels even a little more pacy. It’s fleshed out the lower notes without impinging on the lovely transparency of the Maggies. Very pleased and somewhat relieved as I worried about the integration.

advertisement

Back