advertisement

Local stacked ESL demo night....

JTC

PFM Villager...
Lucky me. A local hotel is putting on a free 'listening evening' in their newly refurbished drawing room, consisting of a pair of stacked ESL57s... count me in :)

Hopefully it won't be *too* hifi-nerdish (says he, posting his umpteenth thing of the day on PFM....) :D

PS. When I say I've 'moved on' from ESls.... I'd still jump at the chance to have a set if I had the right room. But in balance I think I prefer the Ardens to ESLs, even if the ESLs do some imaging things and a level of transparency that the Tannoys can't quite match....

Disclaimer: it's not my system and sadly not my room. I'm excited to hear what this sounds like, even if I've moved on from ESL57s... they're still a deeply special speaker....

Interesting. Not in North Queensferry I guess

Is that a Hopper on the wall? nice looking room that! would love to hear stacked ESLs, never heard a regular pair mind but still...

A friend had two 57s for years, but a couple or so years back he acquired another pair, had a frame made and now has stacked ESLs. When I listened at length two years back, there was no question of the improvements wrought by four instead of two.

When I had a pair of 57’s they were competing with H6 Impulse in a 8 by 4m room. The latter filled it so much better but I know I missed a trick there. They are so difficult to tuck away for later….

The ESL’s are quite close to the back wall, less than one metre?
This close didn’t work for me – it ruined the stereo effect.

The ESL’s are quite close to the back wall, less than one metre?
This close didn’t work for me – it ruined the stereo effect.

Hmm ! Didn't notice that, but maybe it's just the camera angle. that central armchair could go back a bit as the ESLs seem to be quite wide.

advertisement

Back