advertisement

Impulse purchase - car content

I've never had a go in one but they've always interested me. Values have certainly strengthened lately.

I'd love a chance to drive an equivalent value S2000 and 987 Boxster back to back.

I've never had a go in one but they've always interested me. Values have certainly strengthened lately.

I'd love a chance to drive an equivalent value S2000 and 987 Boxster back to back.

In 2006 I was driving a Boxster S. I'd had it 3 years and it was about 5 years old. I'd had a few issues with it that were compounded by the woefulness of the local Porsche main dealer. As I passed a Honda garage I saw a black Honda S2000 on some of those raised ramps outside. 2005 with 17K on the clock, it was immaculate. I did the deal there and then. I drove that car for 140K miles and loved every minute of it. Uber reliable, hood down in 6 seconds, looked the part and a whole heap of fun. Traded it back to Honda for a Civic Type R in 2012. Best car i ever owned and for me a much better ownership experience than the Porsche. You have to drive it as it's been designed and that is what catches most peoplemout. If you're looking for a lazy big power delivery cruiser the S2000 is not for you. It only really gets going around 6500rpm. Best gear change I have ever owned though. Makes constantly changing gear (that you need to do to keep it on song) a complete pleasure.

That’s a very nice car. My recent car purchase was also bought on a whim. I bought a year old Mini Convertible John Cooper Works which has around 230bhp and is an absolute blast to drive.

Yes, Porsche engine reliability in that era is no match for Honda and the whole Porsche tax is such a load of BS.

advertisement

Back