advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I predict a lot of sulking, flouncing & shirt throwing at the theatre of dreams this season - but no trophies.

Man Utd are the new favourites for the Premier League. Ole has no excuses not to win it now. Ronaldo signing is great news for PL. Would’ve been fun having Messi at City though. Two old legends lighting up a great CITY.

Messi and Ronaldo are in their twilight years.
Who is in their prime at a similar class?

While Ronaldo may be in his twilight years he still scored 110 goals in 134 appearances for Juventus. The only players who scored over this period more are Lewandolski & Messi. Maybe not quite over the hill yet. :)

In their prime now? Mbappe & Haaland perhaps.

Somehow I cannot see Ronaldo wanting to play a full game in Newcastle on a wet winter night.
One reason he is still playing and fit at 36 is his not playing in EPL pitch conditions for many years

Man Utd are the new favourites for the Premier League.
Maybe.
Ronaldo will undoubtedly score goals but will it be at the expense of morale and form of other key players?
Personally I think the signing that needs to hit the ground running is Varane

Man Utd are the new favourites for the Premier League. Ole has no excuses not to win it now. Ronaldo signing is great news for PL. Would’ve been fun having Messi at City though. Two old legends lighting up a great CITY.

I agree, the issue is I don't think Ole has the nouse or enough technical back up to get his squad into a position to win the league. How he manages Pogba and Ron in the same line up will be interesting and then how does fit in Cavani as well?

E9386WzXIAUt53z

Fair play to Man City...

MUFC already have good attacking options, if Pogba stays focused they will also create plenty of chances. Surely the likes of Greenwood & Rashford will learn what it takes to be a top player when watching Ronaldo.

Somehow I cannot see Ronaldo wanting to play a full game in Newcastle on a wet winter night.
One reason he is still playing and fit at 36 is his not playing in EPL pitch conditions for many years

You are joking aren't you?
PL pitches are like bowling greens.
Must have been watching the ITV4 The Big Match rerun yesterday from 1974.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back