advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help thinking City have wasted money, that with the more relaxed 'play-on' refereeing this season Grealish's propensity for winning free kicks is diminished somewhat....
Won more free kicks already this season than any other player…

Won more free kicks already this season than any other player…
This is true, Grealish Is very good at getting free kicks, but in a top team that is built on progressive flowing football, is that a good thing? It served AV well when they wanted to slow things down, but how does that fit into a Pep fast passing game? Is he a substitute to bring on to slow the game down when City are in front, or is a creative player to build up momentum and drive forwards?

I have always had a soft spot for the 'ammers.
Me too. Nailed on maximum points for my team at home due to WHs habit of losing at anywhere north of the Watford Gap. Conversely, playing them at Upton Park was a guarantee of not coming away with any points but I will take the home win and away loss any day.

This is true, Grealish Is very good at getting free kicks, but in a top team that is built on progressive flowing football, is that a good thing? It served AV well when they wanted to slow things down, but how does that fit into a Pep fast passing game? Is he a substitute to bring on to slow the game down when City are in front, or is a creative player to build up momentum and drive forwards?

Astute questions. Grealish is also a bit of battering ram - runs at things (usually defences) and lets the dice (and his hair) fall where they may. Not something you would think City need unless Pep thinks Grealish will cause Tuchel some problems.

….unless Pep thinks Grealish will cause Tuchel some problems.
No one will cause Tuchel problems. The league will be over by Christmas with Chelsea 20 points in the lead and a goal different of +50! We’ll lose 0-4 at home to Brentford or someone the weekend after thrashing PSG away, but that’ll be it.

I agree that Chelsea will win the league, but not by 20 points...... and you will play a couple of matches in the same you did against West Brom last season, but then the top six will do the same.

Looking forward to the game on sat, had a dream last night we won 3-0, so that'll be tenner on 3-0 to Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back