advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we do have lots of discussions about how clubs do their finances...... but I'm intrigued by Real being able to buy Mbappe when they are 1bn in debt and is wages are 500,000 euros a week, I know that they won't pay 160m euros up front, but it seems a big stretch even for them.....

A big crowd of 352 at Sandygate Road, the world’s oldest football ground, for Hallam FC’s second home league game of the season last night...

E9lUxQ_X0AA6wFk

Hallam playing down the slope from the kick off, having the better of a tight first half, but 0-0 at the break. After a ridiculous second half...

E9lUxRGXsAwPNIk.jpg

Final score: Hallam 7 - 0 Hall Road Rangers

A huge first win of the season, Hallam up to 15th in NCEL Division One. Up the Countrymen!

When was the last time Hallam beat anyone 7-0?

I'm half a mile from the ground and I am planning to go to a couple of matches. I do like the noise you get from the main stand when Hallam score!

Me too, several good friends who are Hammers. Went to see City v West Ham in 87? with one of them. We got relegated, West Ham fans invaded the pitch and sang ‘We’ll meet again’ to the away end.

Me too, historically they played attractive football and we always battered them. Whats not to like.

Levy was never going to let him go, unless he was offered a silly amount of money and City were never going to do that. When they finish out of the top six again this season, Kane will start the process off all over again about leaving. He wants to win something and unless Levy splashes the cash in the next few days.......

I genuinely don’t understand why they’re not chasing Mbappe, Haaland (surely his club would rather have a big fee this year than a small one next) or Vlahovic. We should have been in for Lukaku. I believe we’ve never been that interested in Kane. Usually there’s a lot of noise about someone, then we sign someone else.

I don't think Lukaku is a Pep type player - but then I would never have thought that Grealish was either.:confused:

I may be completely wrong, but I don’t see the point of Grealish. I think Silva, Jesus, Stirling and Foden are all ahead of him as attacking midfielders. I’ll be very sad if Silva goes, I think together with Gundogan, he makes an excellent midfield pair, in some ways better than De Bruyne.

Exactly my thoughts all along.
But Bernie has wanted away for over a year now and Pep told him he could go if he could find a club prepared to make a decent offer.

Levy was never going to let him go, unless he was offered a silly amount of money and City were never going to do that. When they finish out of the top six again this season, Kane will start the process off all over again about leaving. He wants to win something and unless Levy splashes the cash in the next few days.......
He won’t win anything now.
He’ll be too old next season unless Levy halves what he wants for him.
Another Le Tissier in my mind. A great footballer with no personal ambition.

I genuinely don’t understand why they’re not chasing Mbappe, Haaland (surely his club would rather have a big fee this year than a small one next) or Vlahovic. We should have been in for Lukaku. I believe we’ve never been that interested in Kane. Usually there’s a lot of noise about someone, then we sign someone else.

MBappe already turned City down as he didn't want to play in England and that isn't a solvable position. Lukaku is not what Pep looks for, no matter how good I think he will be for Chelsea.

I may be completely wrong, but I don’t see the point of Grealish. I think Silva, Jesus, Stirling and Foden are all ahead of him as attacking midfielders. I’ll be very sad if Silva goes, I think together with Gundogan, he makes an excellent midfield pair, in some ways better than De Bruyne.

While I agree on the strengths of the players mentioned, I think Grealish is top drawer; time will tell.

While I agree on the strengths of the players mentioned, I think Grealish is top drawer; time will tell.

I don’t see how he improves us. He reminds me of Stirling before Pep, run, run, run, forget to look up, fall over. Thing is, Stirling got lots of game time, I don’t see space for anyone to come and learn their game.

I feel that in Gealish ManC have made the same mistake that my team made years ago in that having achieved success they feel the need to buy a ‘Statement’ player rather than one that fits the needs of the team. For Chelsea Torres and Shevchenko stand out. Don’t get me wrong, Grealish is a great player and has the advantage of youth over both Torres and especially Shevers, but I don’t see how he ‘fits’.

Can’t help feeling that ManC have dodged another bullet over Kane, how can any player with that nose and that perfect hair ever be taken seriously? Never mind those ankles?

I can't help thinking City have wasted money, that with the more relaxed 'play-on' refereeing this season Grealish's propensity for winning free kicks is diminished somewhat....

I feel that in Gealish ManC have made the same mistake that my team made years ago in that having achieved success they feel the need to buy a ‘Statement’ player rather than one that fits the needs of the team. For Chelsea Torres and Shevchenko stand out. Don’t get me wrong, Grealish is a great player and has the advantage of youth over both Torres and especially Shevers, but I don’t see how he ‘fits’.

Can’t help feeling that ManC have dodged another bullet over Kane, how can any player with that nose and that perfect hair ever be taken seriously? Never mind those ankles?

Spurs had a price that we weren't prepared to go to. He will never be worth more than he is now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back