advertisement

Today I have mainly been v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Travelling to and drinking some excellent beer in Huddersfield, and watching an incredibly tedious game of football. Everton won though.

training the dog since 6.30am, then a bit of a break (dog is tired out and asleep, woohoo!)

I've been left with more homework by the trainer than a covid-era secondary school child.. it's bloody exhausting too!

Rewarding day with the eldest granddaughter today.

Spent most of the day showing her how to use her new laptop before new school starts.
She spent ages editing images of herself on the laptop, turning herself into a monster.

We watched a load of Chris Cunningham - Aphex Twin videos and ate a load of roast chicken.
Then we watched the opening ceremony for the Paralympics again, stunning.
She then listened to Gorillaz ‘Demon Days’ and watched a load of videos I had of her Dad Skateboarding and farting about. Transferred a load of video and photographs on to her new p.c.

Waitrose chinese food as The Wife went out and couldn’t be bothered to cook.

Made a lovely dinner of fried hake on spinach with crushed potatoes mixed with chopped spring onions and Caesar dressing.

Makes up for not being able to help in the garden. My lower back is really bad currently. Can’t walk upright, spasms all day.

Last edited:
Working all day , waiting for an elderly diabetic who lives on his own to be discharged from hospital ...it's nearly 8pm and not arrived . Things have not got any better in nhs these past years !!

I'm merely intrigued by the dynamics of job interviews, having never really had to endure one.

I've not had many myself, but have been a member of more interview panels than I care to remember. I won't go into specific cases, but one thing that consistently happened was that an interviewee who clearly thought the job was his/hers did a lousy interview. Over-confidence is probably worse than low confidence, because at least with the latter interviewees will do a bit more by way of prep.

The very worst interview I ever had wasn't for a job. For some reason I thought I wanted to study philosophy, but the interview at Exeter University was a useful indicator that I was nowhere near bright enough, and that I should go for an easier subject. My PhD viva wasn't much fun either, and that lasted much longer.

Breakfast at Godrevy National Trust shed thingy. Bacon and egg cob, very nice. Walked along the path past the lighthouse. Seals absent today.
A bit of bodyboarding late afternoon, waves better today.
Now in a pub, belly pork just arrived. Looks very nice.
Edit: after dinner, 'Stairway' came on the pub audio. 50 years old now! Jeez, makes you feel old...

Last edited:
Made a lovely dinner of fried hake on spinach with crushed potatoes mixed with chopped spring onions and Caesar dressing.

Makes up for not being able to help in the garden. My lower back is really bad currently. Can’t walk upright, spasms all day.

I could eat that now. Sounds fresh.

As for spasms, a bit of diazepam does short term wonders if tolerated.

I once had a spasm in my back that made me fall to the floor, except I was at the top of the stairs, walking down. Long, painful story. It involves my front door being broken down and an ambulance. Wasn’t funny then, or now.

I could eat that now. Sounds fresh.

As for spasms, a bit of diazepam does short term wonders if tolerated.

I once had a spasm in my back that made me fall to the floor, except I was at the top of the stairs, walking down. Long, painful story. It involves my front door being broken down and an ambulance. Wasn’t funny then, or now.
Diazepam works a treat but my GP won’t let me have any.

Bluddy hell, your'e lucky you can even get access to your GP to let them make the decision...

Listened to some classical today: Debussy but with a saxophone in the concerto. Then some Kodaly then some more east European stuff that’s a lot like jazz. Then I paddled my kayak for 2hrs without a break as every landing on the estuary with its tiny landings was chock-a-block with holiday makers. Still despite discomfort it was good to know I didn’t cramp up. My home-made kayak is a a perfect replica of the hunting boats the Inuit used out of Disco Bay Greenland and it’s not built for comfort: you squeeze yourself in and that where you stay. I’ve a conventional kayak but it’s literally twice the weight off the water…

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back