advertisement

4 albums by Laura Nyro?

foxwelljsly

Me too, I ate one sour too.
What it says up there. I love what I've heard by Laura Nyro, but have nothing by her on vinyl.

If I were to buy 4 nice, original, copies of her albums, which should I get?

Cheers

You need New York Tendaberry, Eli & The 13th Confession, Christmas & The Beads Of Sweat and Gonna Take A Miracle. The posthumous Angel In The Dark collection is very good too, more stripped down and pared back compared to her earlier material. But yeah, if you’re gonna lay out for all those you might as well take the plunge and get the new boxed set.

You need New York Tendaberry, Eli & The 13th Confession, Christmas & The Beads Of Sweat and Gonna Take A Miracle. The posthumous Angel In The Dark collection is very good too, more stripped down and pared back compared to her earlier material. But yeah, if you’re gonna lay out for all those you might as well take the plunge and get the new boxed set.

To be absolutely fair, you only really need New York Tendaberry and Eli... Absolute classics.

Christmas... is good, but she never again reached the awesome heights of those earlier two.

More great melodies in a single song than some bands manage in their whole career!

advertisement

Back