advertisement

Took a flyer!!!

Weiss-Man

pfm Member
Having bought a Gryphon Diablo 300 (which is sold awaiting collection) I blindly purchased a new Naim Atom/Nova and a pair of Kudos Titan 707 speakers this week. With the Diablo boxed up, I connected the new Titan speakers to the Atom. This, I know is a total mismatch of a system, and yes, not recommended, but my god does it sound good. The last system I had like this was a UnitiQute 2 with a pair of ART Alnico 8 speakers which sounded fantastic as well.

I guess what helps is living in a small cottage, I don’t need big volume, and yes the speakers are closer together than is ideal, but the sound is so natural, so unforced, and I am able to listen for long periods of time.

Shouldn’t work but I can’t stop listening.

Certainly is, I remember when I had the Qute, buying a SuperUniti to go with it, I preferred the Qute, the SuperUniti to me was better via headphones but the Qute was more musical, with a lighter, quicker bass.

I believe you. A really nice system. Kudos make beautiful speakers and Naim know hifi.

Nothing like discovering music anew..... Cheers!

The Atom is what’s connected at present, I have ordered a Nova as well but there is a bit of a delay on it. If they are anything like the Qute/SuperUniti, I will prefer one over the other for speaker listening, the other will end up in another room for mainly headphone duties.

I heard a similar level of Kudos speaker at the Ascot hifi show and they were one of the best at the show (I also thought the Boenicke speakers were fab).

No idea what amps they used at the show though

Enjoy!

The Nova really is an excellent unit. I demoed it with a pair of Spendor D7s at Grahams HiFi; it makes a superb combo both visually and more importantly, sonically.

The Atom is what’s connected at present, I have ordered a Nova as well but there is a bit of a delay on it. If they are anything like the Qute/SuperUniti, I will prefer one over the other for speaker listening, the other will end up in another room for mainly headphone duties.
I have the Atom and love it - I was using some Dali Spector 1s (fab vfm) but new speakers, Dynaudio Emit 10s, have arrived today.

I see Naim have recently introduced an Atom headphone version, which you might’ve seen?

Hi Alan, yes I had seen that, but fancied two different one box solutions, part of the reason for moving on the Diablo, I hate cables, and much prefer a single box. Might end up with one in the future as a bedside headphone system.

Hope you enjoy your speakers. I had forgotten the pleasure of opening brand new kit, with the “new” smell wafting out of the box on opening!

I really like the Kudos Titan 707s. A big speaker for a small room, though, but the way the port vents out through the base does mean fewer problems in placement in smaller rooms, I think. A very natural speaker with beautiful timbal definition, IIRC.

They are a big speaker for the room size but just sound so beautiful, I literally unboxed them, put them where I was hoping they would fit and other than angling them from front to back haven’t touched them. They have such a together bass with exquisite vocals and an airy presentation. Fair play to the little Atom making them sing like they are.

Before.
51398839105_f2d12004c5_b.jpg

How do the 707's sound with the Diablo? and is the ATOM giving it a run for its money?

I see the speakers are 89db nominal 6 ohm so the NOVA should be perfectly capable of driving them

Those speakers look totally out of place in your room
Please PM me your address immediately so I can come over and collect them and give them a proper home :rolleyes:

advertisement

Back