advertisement

Naim SBL vs B&W 603s3

Well that's a no no. Showed SWMBO what SBL's looked like, big mistake. We only bought the B&W's because my pristine Sara's
were described as being old fashioned and they are now languishing in a cupboard! So if any is looking for a lovely pair of Sara's and stands there here.

Mistakenly I thought they would be liked. Yes seriously considering the New 603. Not much chance of hearing then first though.
Any idea what I could expect thanks.

Better top end , much better mid clarity and a more tuneful and extended bottom end.

the only thing you’ll miss is that one bass frequency that SBLs do so well.

Well that's a no no. Showed SWMBO what SBL's looked like, big mistake.

Might be a good thing. I tried SBLs with Quad and wasn't thrilled. Granted it was a 77 series power amp but with 85watts on tap I thought it would have coped better than it did.

Start of the Naim escalator, I now have an all olive active system AND a newer pair of SBLs!

Jim

Better top end , much better mid clarity and a more tuneful and extended bottom end.

the only thing you’ll miss is that one bass frequency that SBLs do so well.

can only comment on the small 607 s2 anniversary but they were really good with vocals and piano , natural and to be honest far better than i expected . vinyl wrap but still a nice finish and at a fraction of the price of harbeth

Not bothered about the finish, Vinyl is fine. The 603s give a very good room filling sound which I wouldn't like to loose and I don't think stand mounts would give me that. Ideally top money £1000.

advertisement

Back