advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where's the template risk assessment for schools then, how are my kids protected? And me? You're full of ...

Well here's one, done by professionals who know. Done in consultation with NEU, NASUWT, Unison. Dated from Feb this year -- so it's delta aware.

No additional measures required, they say that the risks can be dealt with by things like

All rooms will be well ventilated by opening appropriate windows and doors; Good ventilation will be employed within classrooms with all appropriate windows and doors being open. • Areas in use will be well ventilated by: o Keeping all classroom doors wedged open o Keeping dining rooms wedged open o Keeping corridor doors on their fire release mechanism o Opening at least one window in areas that are being used, including classrooms o Using fans to facilitate the direction of airflow, if required.

https://www.rainhillhighschool.org.uk/uploads/2021/Covid-Information/COVID-19-Risk-Assessment-V9.pdf

There you go. Nothing to worry about.

Well here's one, done by professionals who know. Done in consultation with NEU, NASUWT, Unison. Dated from Feb this year -- so it's delta aware.

No additional measures required, they say that the risks can be dealt with by things like

https://www.rainhillhighschool.org.uk/uploads/2021/Covid-Information/COVID-19-Risk-Assessment-V9.pdf

There you go. Nothing to worry about.

Bollocks. All the teaching Unions have written collectively to Government just this last week

Trials of this or a similar monoclonal antibody pair in the US showed no reduction in deaths from Covid.

1. That is just incorrect - if it were correct then the FDA would not have approved the use of monoclonals, yet they did.
2. We know monoclonals were used to treat the Orange shitgibbon back in December.
3. If you were correct, Public Health England would not be licencing their use.
4. Why would you think monoclonals produce 'side effects' in the way that humoral anti-bodies stimulated by a vaccine wouldn't?
5. I am intrigued as to why you think an anti-body produced in vitro is somehow different to an anti-body produced in vivo (Hint: There is no difference).
6. I very much doubt you understand what a monoclonal anti-body actually is.

For those that want to know just what monoclonal anti-bodies are:

We have known about them for 40+ years. When I was doing my BSc we used them as 'probes' to hunt out specific antigens (for eg on Bacterial cell surfaces) - you could tag them wth a radiological or fluorescent isotope and use them as diagnotic tools.

What is a monoclonal anti-body?

You will remember that, earlier in the thread, I discussed Lymphocytes and how they divide into 2 classes - those that recirculate in the blood and lymphatic system, and those that reside within the lymph nodes.

The former are T Cells (so called because they are processed in the thymus) - these divide into Cytotoxic T cells that kill infected cells as well as 'T Helper Cells' that 'present' foreign antigens to the anti-body producing cells and 'help' them with anti-body production (there are also K Cells - anti-body dependant cytotoxic cells that kill infections, as well as NK Cells that target cancer cells).

The cells that reside in the lymph nodes are B Cells - it is these cells that produce anti-bodies.

A single B Cell clonal line will produce a single specific anti-body, targeted against a single specific antigen.

So, if you can grow a single clonal line of B Cells in vitro (and you can - we've been doing it for 40+ years) you can produce a large amout of a single specific anti-bodies targeting a single antigen.

THAT is what monoclonal anti-bodies are.

Ergo, if you can produce monoclonals that target Covid19 you have a weapon against it.

RUBBISH! The Delta strain didn't appear in UK until March.

No probs, here's a couple from Summer 2021, they say that the risks can be dealt with by things like this -- no additional controls required

Allow for fresh air flow, open windows, adjust uniform expectations if rooms are cold. n (open doors/windows and air con). Windows will be opened in all rooms, areas where practical to encourage as much natural ventilation as possible. If classes are together there will be clear divides between different classes and any areas used will be well ventilated or outside where possible. Windows within classrooms will remain open within reason. Windows to be opened just enough to provide constant background ventilation

https://www.bluecoatschoolliverpool...VID-Risk-Assessment-update-June-21st-2021.pdf
https://www.bealhighschool.co.uk/wp...d-19-RA-2021_2022-v46-post-roadmap-step-4.pdf
https://www.rainhillhighschool.org.uk/uploads/COVID-19-.Risk-Assessment-V10.pdf
https://www.ellisguilfordschool.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/EGS-RA-Full-Opening-V21.pdf
https://www.alsagerschool.org/wp-co...sessment-Alsager-Year-6-Transition-Days-1.pdf
https://www.gms.bucks.sch.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/GMS-COVID_19-Risk-Assessment-17.5.2021.pdf

Once again, these are risk assessments completed by professionals.

Having widows , doors and fire doors in corridors wide open, in winter, yeah, thats going to be a bundle of laughs.
Saying 'adjust clothing' - well, really??
Expecting to teach kids, or kids having an attention span of greater than 5 minutes when dressed in a classroom for winter, I cannot see that.
There are plenty of alternatives, (plasma, UV, aircontrol ducting with anti viral UV) but I guess those are rather more ££$$ than having an icy blast.

No probs, here's a couple from Summer 2021, they say that the risks can be dealt with by things like this -- no additional controls required

https://www.bluecoatschoolliverpool...VID-Risk-Assessment-update-June-21st-2021.pdf

Once again, these are risk assessments completed by professionals.

Last assessment was 6 months ago.

Your blasé trolling is unwelcome. Can only assume that these contributions, along with the utter pompous shite that you post, suggests that you're completely and utterly isolated and not impacted in any way by Covid. As such, you should desist from your continual attempt to undermine others who actually have something worthwhile to offer.

Having widows , doors and fire doors in corridors wide open, in winter, yeah, thats going to be a bundle of laughs.
Saying 'adjust clothing' - well, really??
Expecting to teach kids, or kids having an attention span of greater than 5 minutes when dressed in a classroom for winter, I cannot see that.
There are plenty of alternatives, (plasma, UV, aircontrol ducting with anti viral UV) but I guess those are rather more ££$$ than having an icy blast.
Exactly.

Could add use of HEPA filters at point of delivery in any mechanical delivery system.

I had a look at 2 of the teacher risk assessments and one said "adequate ventilation" and one said "good ventilation". No indication as to how this would be measured, assessed or whether it was based on expert advice or government recommendations, why the schools view this differently etc.

Professional Teachers, NOT professional virologists/epidemiologists/immunologists.

You are being an utter tit.

Please stop with the idiocracy, that gets people dead.

Yes, you could dismiss the teachers' own risk assessment of the issues in their schools. Yes.

Last assessment was 6 months ago.

Your blasé trolling is unwelcome. Can only assume that these contributions, along with the utter pompous shite that you post, suggests that you're completely and utterly isolated and not impacted in any way by Covid. As such, you should desist from your continual attempt to undermine others who actually have something worthwhile to offer.
This wasn’t me?

. No indication as to how this would be measured, assessed or whether it was based on expert advice or government recommendations, why the schools view this differently etc.

Yes but the internet is full of these risk assessments, and no dissenting voices from the schools themselves that I can find. I know there could be all sorts of reasons for that, but now the justification of the necessity of extra ventilation in classrooms has become much more complicated, because it looks like the people on the ground - and that presumably includes the scientists who work for the local authorities -- aren't articulating the need. The union head office may be -- but they are political.

It's much more complicated than the initial post by Gavin suggests.
Don't put the dunce's cap on again - we know that the Government has spent on the order of diddly squat on ventilation this year calender year. There's all sorts of things that could be done but without those lockdown might be the only alternative.

On the one hand the schools themselves are saying all they need to do is open the windows,; on the other, Gavin is saying that they are not sufficiently safe unless they have additional ventilation. I can’t possibly say who’s right!

Once again we're faced with an oversimplification, a sort of populism.

I proved it here last October
Do you realise how this sounds?

We really do need to see some evidence for the claim that schools are the main driver of infections. I haven’t seen any: I’m not omniscient but it sounds like the kind of thing that would be very well publicised if it existed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back