advertisement

The open invitation to have a listen thread

RichShortland

pfm Member
This has popped up on several threads, especially the System Pics thread, so I thought it might be helpful to have them all in one place.
So if you’re happy to offer up to other fishies to come round and have a cuppa / beer / whisky* and a listen, let us all know here.
Would be helpful to include some system details and where you are (as approx as you are comfortable with).

So…
Modified Lenco 75 / DIY well tempered arm
Croft phono integrated
Hales revelation IIIs (big 3 way American sealed floorstanders)

Based south Manchester near the Trafford centre :) and very happy to host for a cuppa or some smashing craft beers
Also have a fried very nearby with an LP12 / Musical Fidelity setup too

*or name your poison!

BTW I fully understand that you may not want to advertise very precisely your location - so up to you how you do that, if at all…

Notts Lincs Leicester border
Thorens 124 with Apparition tonearm & Hana SL
Fisher 500C receiver
Ted Jordan speakers in John Espley cabinets
Vortexbox Pi & Project Pre S2 digital

51008502212_fed1b66144_b.jpg

Fife/Edinburgh area:

Rega P8
Node 2i/Cambridge CXC
Denafrips Venus II
Luxman L590AX-II
Tannoy Legacy Arden

Note: Must be ok with dogs, since I have two who will likely want to say hello :)

@JTC I'm up for that, next time I visit family in Dunfermline, and have a daughter and 2 granddaughters who would likely be thrilled with an opportunity to walk the dogs!

Meanwhile in the (not so thriving) market town of Chorley, Lancs happy to meet and greet fishies -

Naim olive 72 /RSL cards / 180s driving active sbls with Inspire Eclipse SE12 / Sugden phono stage and Audiocom modded Oppo 95

Linn Akurate / 5125 driving Fyne Audio F500s x 4, Quad sub and centre with Audiocom modded Oppo 105 and Technics SL7 / Haden Boardman 331/3 phono stage plus a (unique) Squeeze Box Classic modded for digital only output by Vinnie Rossi before he 'got posh':)

Always plenty of tea on the go but we don't do fancy coffee.

Jim

I’m not far from Accrington. The decorating is more or less done, the new carpets are down and the new sofas will be here in a couple of weeks and we’re good to go. Much of my system is home built which might be of interest to some of you.

advertisement

Back