advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know those food shortages that were predicted? Just Project Fear, wasn't it? Except they now have arrived, Nandos has had to close restaurants, no chicken. The British Poultry council report it as Brexit, not ping related. I second that, I'm in a chicken factory, I think we are 2 down from being pinged, 60 down because we can't get people in the door. We're losing money. Still, mustn't gru mble.

You know those food shortages that were predicted? Just Project Fear, wasn't it? Except they now have arrived, Nandos has had to close restaurants, no chicken. The British Poultry council report it as Brexit, not ping related. I second that, I'm in a chicken factory, I think we are 2 down from being pinged, 60 down because we can't get people in the door. We're losing money. Still, mustn't gru mble.

So much negativity, pfft. Rome wasn’t built in a day old chap. Besides, those clever Brexit loving fellows will have something up their sleeves to guide Brittania back to its former imperious glory. In the mean time, stiff upper lip old bean.

Nowt to do wi Brexit. It’s the Covid…

You sound like a remoaning remaniac traitor. Come the revolution it’ll be you in the pies to cover the chicken shortfall.

i think the great British people have had enough of experts. Pipe down Steve.

Nowt to do wi Brexit. It’s the Covid…
Hmm. Not what the BPA guy says. Still, what does he know, just a remainiac representative of an entire industry that provides half the meat consumed in the UK. Fool. Anyway, Nandos and KFC are bad for you, shouldn't be eating as much of it anyway. The hedgerows are full of brambles, we should be eating them instead. Proper British food. Grown in Britain, for British people, harvested by, erm. Hang on. I'll come in again.

Irish Times today. Had a chuckle but see Steve is first market with the news.

'One of the UK’s largest chicken suppliers to supermarkets and restaurants, Avara Foods, has taken a dim view of this. Its company is “not currently experiencing significant inconvenience” as a result of the pingdemic.

“Our concern is recruitment and filling vacancies when the UK workforce has been severely depleted as a result of Brexit; this is causing stress on UK supply chains in multiple sectors,” it said.

Labour availability is an issue totally separate to the pandemic, and one which has the potential to affect UK foods manufacturing for a lot longer.”

Indeed, social media has lately been home to the very 2021 phenomenon of empty shelves where the groceries should be – a problem that has not afflicted Ireland to the same degree, give or take some post-Brexit gaps at Marks & Spencer.

An exodus of European heavy goods vehicle drivers from British shores coupled with a shortage of operators in food processing centres has created an unpalatable labour crunch, and the sight of restaurants shuttering at a time when they actually have government permission to open.

No butterfly chicken burger? Just one more thing that nobody put on the side of a bus.'

You sound like a remoaning remaniac traitor. Come the revolution it’ll be you in the pies to cover the chicken shortfall.

Steve’s one step ahead- already working on a new economy range of pies for Morrison’s and other outlets under the Sweeney Todd label with Nigel Farage’s mug on the wrapper.
The hedgerows are full of brambles, we should be eating them instead. Proper British food. Grown in Britain, for British people, harvested by, erm. Hang on. I'll come in again.
We will forage our way out of this crisis, your offspring will never hear birdsong or see a rabbit in their life again.

Steve’s one step ahead- already working on a new economy range of pies for Morrison’s and other outlets under the Sweeney Todd label with Nigel Farage’s mug on the wrapper.
5d021797250000a013e2b2ec.jpeg

We will forage our way out of this crisis, your offspring will never hear birdsong or see a rabbit in their life again.
"the Sweeney Todd label with Nigel Farage’s mug on the wrapper" - tastes just like chicken...or so I'm told.

I thought Spaffer had food brought in cost-free, courtesy of major Tory donors who expect absolutely no preferment or titles in return (as you do).

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back