advertisement

System Pics 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Living the very tasteful MCM dream there buddy! Chappeau.

Thanks! My parents started the trend by handing down the chair, ottoman and coffee table 15 years ago. We've been slowly collecting the rest. Luckily both my wife and I have similar tastes. Thanks again!

System change once again..

Impulse Taus now driven by Musical fidelity A1000, Roon through 8200CDQ. Sounding great, also got the Arkless GTI Turbo setup with the AT 33PTG mk11 on the Technics, going to try with the Yamaha D9 later.

D1sFCh1.jpg

Ox7Mnjg.jpg

Well I don’t want to take the thread far off-topic….but is this an old tatty rug that has been Over-dyed to create a shabby chic result? What did it look like before the treatment….multi-coloured in the normal way? If so….why so expensive? I still like it, but I won’t persuade the missus at that cost…..

Well I don’t want to take the thread far off-topic….but is this an old tatty rug that has been Over-dyed to create a shabby chic result? What did it look like before the treatment….multi-coloured in the normal way? If so….why so expensive? I still like it, but I won’t persuade the missus at that cost…..

No in fact it’s a brand new handmade carpet, yes there are some that were made by using old carpets, stripping all the colour out and then recolouring, but this is a modern hand made carpet, which has then gone through the dying process. This way it’s a superb look, but is actually going to last.. unlike some of the overdyed ones that have been bleached to an inch of their lives, which does the wool no favours.

The overdying is done by a good friends’ setup in Afghanistan, whom I’m staying in touch with in these scary times. :(

System change once again..

Impulse Taus now driven by Musical fidelity A1000, Roon through 8200CDQ. Sounding great, also got the Arkless GTI Turbo setup with the AT 33PTG mk11 on the Technics, going to try with the Yamaha D9 later.

D1sFCh1.jpg

Ox7Mnjg.jpg
Always wanted to hear an A1000.

Finally got the latest rig together, sounding very nice indeed. Big thanks to @Peter McDermott for the Denon DCD1600, @Amber Audio for the Cesti MBR’s, @Hungry Halibut for the Chord Sarsen and @mickhick1 for the Soundstyle rack. Space ready for a 78 spinner, just need to find one now!

Updated with the new turntable, an Audio Technica AT LP-120X. This comes with an AT-VM95E fitted as standard to a detachable headshell (ideal for playing 45’s). I primarily bought it to play 78’s so have an additional headshell fitted with an AT-VM95SP, which I’ll try out later. Comes with a built in phono stage to boot! A quick A/B with Dire Straits ‘so far away’ with the LP12 running a VM-540ML was quite entertaining and an apt test track but seems an awful lot of deck for the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back