advertisement

Bryston b135 cubed vs. Belles and Supernait 3

I've studied the pics, its fairly simple... and modular, looks like something Avondale Audio would produce. IMHO good PFM DIY members have produced neater amps.
Plus the B135 is full dual mono from the mains input socket.

Belles Aria (non Signature)
Screenshot-20210817-221232.jpg

Bryston B135 Cubed (dual mono)
Screenshot-20210817-221459.jpg

Naim Supernait 3
Screenshot-20210817-220847.jpg

Bonus image for comparison : LFD Zero LEIII
Screenshot-20210817-220425.jpg

You may not be aware Phil, but Coherent isn't the UK distributor. It's now NuNu Distribution. Has been for a while

Slightly OT (and late) but Tony is NuNu Distribution as well, isn't he? Coherent is his dealership. I could just be assuming this.

Belles Aria (non Signature)
Screenshot-20210817-221232.jpg

Bryston B135 Cubed (dual mono)
Screenshot-20210817-221459.jpg

Naim Supernait 3
Screenshot-20210817-220847.jpg

Bonus image for comparison : LFD Zero LEIII
Screenshot-20210817-220425.jpg
The LFD as usual looks shoddy and in the US they are charging $7300.00 for one and I believe the Mystral is up over 4K. It was around $700.00 some years ago. The Aria looks quite neat. I wouldn’t say it’s cottage like and the Aria Signature is much more substantial- supposedly. The Supernait is really nice as well. The Bryston even to my untrained eye looks good.

better rca plugs on the aria !!
personally having seen a good many people on pfm rave about their aria i might be persuaded to try one

In terms of construction and easy to repair, the Bryston looks like the most serious contender here..........
For me there is value in buying from a company that will likely be around to service the amp should it be required. Both LFD and Belles seem like one person operations. I know for certain that is the case with Belles and David Belles is not young. That said it is nice to support the little guy…

For me there is value in buying from a company that will likely be around to service the amp should it be required. Both LFD and Belles seem like one person operations. I know for certain that is the case with Belles and David Belles is not young. That said it is nice to support the little guy…
If these "little guys" are using standard high quality parts that will be available later on, thick and robust boards and their design is not self-destructing due to heat or electric shorts then I see no problem buying from them.

there is lots of small companies , we have GT audio on here and music first audio and many others . lots of companies go bust but if they have a good rep hopefully someone will carry on the reins like harbeth did and proac

I’m going for a one box solution..
Pass Labs. INT-25 to INT-250. Great sound and service second to none. My second generation Pass aleph p preamp is wonderfully built, sounds great and was recently serviced by Pass for surprisingly little.

Ayre also makes great sounding gear - I recall they make a few integrateds.

recently auditioned an naim xs3 and supernait 3 with some proac d2r, thought both were really good. the supernait 3 was better, had a better grip of the speakers, bass notes seemed clearer and deeper. it's at the top of my list to replace my roksan amp but I want to audition a sugden a21se first. would also like to hear the belles but obviously not as many dealers around.

Pass Labs. INT-25 to INT-250. Great sound and service second to none. My second generation Pass aleph p preamp is wonderfully built, sounds great and was recently serviced by Pass for surprisingly little.

Ayre also makes great sounding gear - I recall they make a few integrateds.
The Pass Labs stuff looks great. Great guy by all accounts. A bit large, heavy and hot for my room - not to mention costly. I’ve heard the Ayre and found it a little thin sounding but perhaps it wasn’t a great demo. The diamond circuit amps run really hot.

advertisement

Back