advertisement

Bryston b135 cubed vs. Belles and Supernait 3

naim SN3 are extremely well known . superb remotes . controllable and well made . sometimes naim displays fail and need repair . cant speak for the sn3 but the sn2 has an incredible punchy sound but some find it a bit `steely ` . it all depends on your speakers . reasonably easy to get s/h and resell

https://www.hifi-forsale.co.uk/integrated-amplifier.php?prod_title=Naim_Supernait_3&id=93501

bryston b135 , bryston as we all know are superbly built and have long warrenties . worth trying one but dont be surprised if its hard to sell when you upgrade

Belles make superb stuff , i have had several of their amps . now the pre amps used to have a fairly hard to control remote so check that . but if you look on pfm there is very big love for these aria`s . tony the distributer is close friends with dave belles and been a dealer for years . they are well worth trying

at the end of the day only your ears can decide .

I second the recommendation for a Belles amp, they really are superb and are one of those products that perform above their price.

I’m leaning strongly toward the Bryston as I can purchase a used but excellent condition unit at a nice price. The Belles is promising but I’d need to buy new and likely require the Aria Signature which would be over a thousand dollars more than the Bryston. The Modwright seems like a very good product. I’ve heard a little about Audionet but I believe they are out of my current price range. My only worries about the Bryston are that it could be less ‘involving’ than some based on past reports. Though the cubed series supposedly does not suffer from those issues.

The idea that an amp have 'involvement' is a little whimsical, so wouldn't take those reviews to heart. IMHO Bryston add little flavour to the sound, which is what proper amplification should do; they are not bright or false. I'd class the sound as; deep/solid, true and natural.

The B135 in silver looks great. Wise choice to go with the Bryston if a used unit in excellent condition is available at a good price. You can always sell it at little to no loss if you intend to try something else in the future.

Linus, I am sure you have scoured the regular sites for gear, I think I saw a Plinius Hautonga on the Gon for about 2.4K, which is a decent deal for an amp that will work great with the Obs. However the Bryston too, is really nice as well, especially if you pull in the warranty part, not sure if it applies second hand, don’t know. But you can’t really go wrong sound wise with either IMO. Have fun, I still wish I had my Obs, but honestly can say my Duevel Venus have just been outstanding as well, and I love them!

I am doing okay, in a very challenging life situation right now, will get through it…I think…:) Take care, have fun! Tim

The B135 in silver looks great. Wise choice to go with the Bryston if a used unit in excellent condition is available at a good price. You can always sell it at little to no loss if you intend to try something else in the future.

you could but they are not easy to resll . one was on here for a fair while

before you make your final decision do some research into the modwight

http://www.modwright.com/products/kwh-225i-integrated.php

The KWH 225i represents the culmination of years of SS and tube preamp and amplifier design. Our preferred approach has always been that of a hybrid system. The KWI 200 SS integrated amp was a big success for us, offering excellent performance and integration. The KWH 225i takes things to the next level. We combined the solid state output stage of our Reference KWA 150SE amp with the controls and integration of the KWI 200 and a tube preamp stage. We then increased the power to 225W. The result is the KWH 225i. We think you’ll like it!

https://hifipig.com/modwright-kwh225i-hybrid-amplifier/

I was looking into the Plinius Hautonga, it didn't really get great reviews. Seems to be a little lifeless.

I think I would try the Naim first, I think it is the most likely amp to work, as it has a driving sound that the Bryston would lack. The Naim would also probably be the easiest to sell on if you didn't like it.

I’m now trying to decide between the Bryston b135 3 and the Belles Aria Signature Integrated. The Belles is a demo and comes with warranty. It’s about $500.00 more than the Bryston which is mint and has 15 or 16 years of warranty left. Decision decisions…

belles have good build quality too though , maybe not quite as good as bryston but pretty near . and personally for sonics the belles may well edge the bryston , but thats just a subjective view and one would have to test both

advertisement

Back