advertisement

Today I have mainly been v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to Brands Hatch today but decided that, as the sun was shining, a walk in the countryside would do me more good. Went along to the Stodmarsh Nature Reserve and had a fantastic walk - saw lots of butterflies, dragonflies, a couple of herons - it was energising! much better than a noisy racetrack with loads of vintage Italian cars speeding around :cool:

Run this morning, then prepped for tea, lamb shanks, roasted root vegetables, Yorkshire puddings, and green veg. Now having a beer and about to watch us make fools of ourselves vs Spurs. Might listen to a prom later.

Within the last 30 minutes I am wondering whether a power amplifier will make a difference to my stereo?
Probably need to start a thread and ask the pfm massive.
I don’t have a problem with the sound at all, but there is a clearance power amplifier (K3 Roksan) in Richer Sounds, and I am chin-rubbing whether it is worth the cash/effort.

Had some more lamb curry (from yesterday) for lunch. The Wife made it, and doesn’t like it that much, but I do. It has beetroot in it o_O

Spent most of the day watching MotoGp, qualifying and races. The Wife likes watching as well, and was shouting at Marc Marquez to fall off. She cannot stand him, or his Dad or brother :p

Ordered a dart board and darts so I can play with the G-Kids.
I used to play darts quite a bit with my kids, but the old board and darts have disappeared.
(I once played with Eric Bristow a long time ago. He had a massive nose.)

Piano practice, then re-hinged another door. Then got distracted watching the test match.

Now checking up on a survey I’m running for the golf club I’m a member at. The crux of it is whether you should just be able to turn up and play, or whether there should be an online booking system - similar to the one the just switched off after restrictions eased…:rolleyes:

Yesterday (not today) I drove from North Wales to Carlisle and back to return a Marantz SACD 30n that I'd purchased on-line from Peter Tyson.

I could have couriered it but with insurance that came to almost £200. It was very unclear what the insurance covered so I thought might as well drive up there. Also had never been to Carlisle before.

Peter Tyson accepted the return and I got a Cyrus cdi-xr instead. I had intended to just get my money back but on the drive there thought that I might be persuaded to go for the Cyrus. Probably the worst demo ever in that it was played in the centre of the shop and the model demonstrated was the CD transport linked to the DAC in the matching amp. But was provided with a nice cup of tea, got some money knocked off it so went ahead. Friendly service throughout.

Also had a look around Carlisle. Cathedral was really nice, also visited a good record shop, Vinyl Cafe (not a cafe by the way) and bought a copy of Neil Young After the Gold Rush as mine is very old and very scratched. Did go to a cafe a few doors up called Foxes Cafe Lounge where I had a full English breakfast and a lovely cup of coffee. Both these places are on Abbey St, neat the cathedral.
Hi Peter
I have been thinking about a Cyrus cdi any views on the quality of the player please ?
Cheers
Tony

sh!t amp range. I am a huge fan of Roksan, had loads of Caspians in and out of the house, but the K series is pants

:p:p:p:p:p

I have a more valued opinion than yours.

To me, not to you, to misquote for comedic porpoises.

Your quest to be an arsehole is almost complete.
Definitely reached level 2.
I would wish you good luck, but I don’t think you need it.

how rude, what a nasty piece of work ..., I know you have your reasons, so I'll put you on ignore.

Tabs, I’d probably look at the Blak integrated before the K power amp if I were in your shoes. I know you like the Blak CD player, and I’ve come to realise that a properly resolved integrated is better value than a mismatched pre-power. And you save a mains lead and interconnect to boot.

Went for a pleasant circular walk with Mrs seagull this morning up the lane then across the fields to the local country pub then found the footpath back. The pub was shut but then it was only 9 o'clock.

Home again, had a cooked breakfast with local ingredients.

Unwrapped our new wardrobe, will put it together tomorrow.

Had roast pork for tea.

Currently listening to some of my new purchases from the local record shop and yesterday's record fair.

Spent the day doing some preparatory work prior to knocking down a low wall that runs between us and the neighbours.

Seems that as well as producing some of the best sausages to grace a table, Lincolnshire has also brought forth some of the worst bricks known to man.
A former colleague lived in a house in Lincoln that was gradually turning to dust and it seems our little wall was made of the same breed of clay :(

Went for a lovely evening drive around the local villages and lanes in my 80 year old Jeep, recently and expensively resuscitated again with a rebuilt engine and gearbox. Nearly collided with a gorgeous, sleek and immaculate E-type in Watery Lane, which I think belongs to a fellow Jeep owner who is a customer of the shop.

The lanes are so beautiful at this time of year, the huge combines and tractors busy in the fields, that lovely smell of wheat dust.

Tabs, I’d probably look at the Blak integrated before the K power amp if I were in your shoes. I know you like the Blak CD player, and I’ve come to realise that a properly resolved integrated is better value than a mismatched pre-power. And you save a mains lead and interconnect to boot.

The point is that I don’t have a problem with what I already have, I just saw a reduced price power amp on Richer Sounds and wondered what difference (if any) it may make to the overall sound quality.

I do not understand what would make it mismatched? They are both K3 models.

I do not have £3K to spend on a Blak amp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back