advertisement

RIP Nanci Griffith

RIP, Late Night Grande Hotel was my preferred go to on many evenings of varied listening. I still need to pick up another copy.

Very sad news.
NC had a unique voice, shown at its best ( in my opinion ) on
‘Other Voices, Other Rooms.’
She also did excellent interpretations of Richard Thompson songs.
Goodbye, Nanci.

Very sad news. I saw her at the Royal Concert Hall Glasgow with Buddy Holly’s Crickets as her backing band. She was excellent - as were they.

She was a super singer and a great interpreter of other folks songs - I live in a Battlefield by Nick Lowe for one.

Very sad news. Beautiful lady, with a beautiful voice, with beautiful songs to her credit.

Saw her at the Albert Hall (early 90's ?) and she succeeded in creating an intimate show despite the venue - remarkable.

My favourite is her live album, "One Fair Summer Evening" (1988) as her personality really shines through in her song introductions and emotional delivery.
(My daughters said she sounded like a Smurfette during her spoken bits, which made us laugh on car journeys)

She will be missed - RIP.

The live ''One Fair Summer Evening' is my favourite as well, especially 'Love At The Five And Dime'. I'm just pulling it out to play it now.

This is sad news - I saw Nanci in concert about 20 years ago. It was a wonderful performance. She had a lovely, deeply affecting voice. RIP and condolences to her loved ones.

Bummer. Saw her twice, once with the Crickets and once with the “Blue Moon Orchestra”. Came across as a very warm and humorous lady. RIP Nanci.

I'm now feeling very old as I collected all her CDs as they were released. If you didn't get to see her live I recommend the Winter Marquee DVD. She was one of the greats. Goodnight Nanci

It's taken me a logn time to appreciate her work and now she's gone. Bugger.

"Poet at My Window" is getting a spin.

RIP.

advertisement

Back