advertisement

Scottish Politics II

Looks like my old flatmate Willie Rennie is standing down as leader of the Liberal Democrats. He didn't really make much of an impression on the political scene in Scotland.

Enjoyed the guardian article, a nice shade of grey I that it puts over several views without radicalism creeping in.
My mum was Scots and her family can trace heritage to 12th century, I support independence wholeheartedly.
I think government is at its best when it’s a local as possible, and I’ve thought for a while they could serve as a example of alternative approaches. I know the snp are not perfect, their record on education is poor, but I would hope that after independence a selection of other parties would rise to present a viable opposition, maybe Labour could regain their proud history north of the border without the taint of Westminster.

Looks like my old flatmate Willie Rennie is standing down as leader of the Liberal Democrats. He didn't really make much of an impression on the political scene in Scotland.
He had become a comedy figure recently, out of touch with much of the public and nearly everyone below a certain age.

He had become a comedy figure recently, out of touch with much of the public and nearly everyone below a certain age.

The Libdems are in such a poor state in Scotland now that only dropping by one MSP in the last election, from 5 to 4, was cause for celebration for them. Like Labour, the party really does need to take a step back and think about what might make them relevant again in Scotland, and not just toe the party line they are given from Westminster. Of course, always being willing to enable any other party (no matter how distasteful) into government for the sniff of a ministerial car or two won't have helped their chances.

Blimey, how many weeks since polling day? Not a great advert for PR.

When they stop talking and finally appoint a government maybe they can start to address the terrible drugs deaths rates in Scotland - it makes Trainspotting look like a documentary.

Blimey, how many weeks since polling day? Not a great advert for PR.

When they stop talking and finally appoint a government maybe they can start to address the terrible drugs deaths rates in Scotland - it makes Trainspotting look like a documentary.
When the "street valium" stops flooding into the UK those deaths will reduce.

Having a government of corrupt Etonian grifters led by a scruffy sociopath isn't much of an advert for First Past The Post...
Well quite. When anyone espouses the virtues of FPTP I play this card...

newFile-8.jpg

advertisement

Back