advertisement

First YouTube video

From the little piece of music the vocals sounded a little sharp, I get the impression that sometimes one will get that sibilance effect, but then I might be completely wrong...?

It’s a terrible microphone on the camera I’m afraid. Hardly worth recording music on it.

Enjoyed watching that Tim and your very considered thorough explanation of the build - drivers -set up.Nice music at the end and even threw a Samsung Tablet you could tell it was good the girls voice at the start.
Sent the video to a mate who is useing old Focal Electa 926 which are quite large.He is useing them with SET monoblocks and a Modright LS50 preamp.They sound lovely
I have his old Focal Profil 77 Floorstanders which have 2 - 7" drivers and the tweeter in between.I really love them and they have definately responded to amp - turntable upgrades I have done the last year.
Focal have always had this reputation of sounding bright but as you say given the right amp they can sound very sweet.
Mine are sounding gourgous with a Rega Aethos an amp which has a warmth about the sound but loads of power in reserve.It keeps a nice grip on those 2 - 7 " drivers.
Have heard the Sopra 2's with Naim 552 -500 and thought they sounded good at a Naim Satement evening.But when after the interval they played the Big Utopias with Statement was very underwhealmed.
Just very forward and slightly cold and clinical.

I hear this a lot, that the top end naim and focal are not a good match. I’m sure it’s putting off customers when they show this combo as state of the art.

Well done on your first video, but is it the first of many? I think you might need a better sound recording device if further music is used :)

advertisement

Back