advertisement

System Pics 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
But D&D, Koi, even Grimm are mere minnows in the industry. Focal, kef, b&w et al could buy these guys many times over for their IP. It happens in most other industries.

What IP? Cardioid speakers have been around for ever and there is little to no mainstream demand. They have some advantages and some disadvantages. If demand grows for some reason then the larger manufacturers will supply them. They are easy enough to design and manufacture as demonstrated by speaker DIY projects (indeed the D&D was a DIY project on diyaudio for a while before going commercial). At present the low level of demand seems to be satisfied by a few small manufacturers. Since a cardioid design is more expensive, more complex, larger and less efficient in a musically energetic frequency range there needs to be some pretty compelling advantages if it is to appear in anything other than a few expensive speakers.

What IP? Cardioid speakers have been around for ever and there is little to no mainstream demand. They have some advantages and some disadvantages. If demand grows for some reason then the larger manufacturers will supply them. They are easy enough to design and manufacture as demonstrated by speaker DIY projects (indeed the D&D was a DIY project on diyaudio for a while before going commercial). At present the low level of demand seems to be satisfied by a few small manufacturers. Since a cardioid design is more expensive, more complex, larger and less efficient in a musically energetic frequency range there needs to be some pretty compelling advantages if it is to appear in anything other than a few expensive speakers.

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/192737-2-waveguide-cardioid.html

That looks really nice Ponty, CD player looks very much at home.

Best wishes, Peter

Thanks Peter, doesn’t it just, I love the Denon! Almost wish I still had my piano black LP12 to complete the look. However, a shiny black Rega P78 would look good next to the Linn.

Thanks Peter, doesn’t it just, I love the Denon! Almost wish I still had my piano black LP12 to complete the look. However, a shiny black Rega P78 would look good next to the Linn.

get a 78 table with variable speed. I love my modified Technics. KAB also used to make a great EQ.

Looking very nice Nick. It was great doing business with you and I'm so glad the rack has gone to a good home!

Thanks Mick, the rack is perfect for my set up. Hope the building work is going well, look forward to seeing the revised system pics!

?
Right click on the picture of your google link, "copy the picture link", insert it at the image url, click insert, done.

I'm on a phone in the Google photos app and shared links don't give you an absolute URL to a file, so it doesn't work.

I'm on a phone in the Google photos app and shared links don't give you an absolute URL to a file, so it doesn't work.

use this to host them https://postimages.org/ very simple, choose from your photo library on your phone, then copy the direct link into the images option PFM

D108-DB22-8855-45-B0-8529-C466-E1266-A46.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back