advertisement

magico M9 review,

$7500,000, cheaper than was published when they first came on the radar :rolleyes: not that makes that much difference,
i thought Alon Wolf had a full head of hair a few years ago, this is what happens when you build mega expensive hifi,
Just look at the photo with Wolf standing next to the speakers,, this is the first shot of how substantial they really are , Jesus:D

Incredible, I saw him at UK premiere of a3 in London. Good to hear his thoughts as he gave a presentation

I’ve only heard them at shows, but I’ve never heard a pair of Magicos that got me interested in the music. I just find them a bit ‘meh’. Which is handy, as they’re way out of my budget.

They're huge:eek: where as I'm sure they'd sound as impressive as they look I could never afford something like that and I'm not sure I'd even would be interested even if I did win the lotto. I'm increasingly finding the 'high end' largely irrelevant as pricing of some of the equipment is beyond all realistic notions I may have.
I don't find them at all attractive either, sometimes I'll see a pair of speakers or other equipment and think ooh, I'd love to try/buy/hear those but very rarely with the upper high end stuff.

The upper high end stuff seems to be aimed at the oligarch/footballer/superyacht market, and styled/priced accordingly. I tend to dismiss it from my radar as, aside from the obvious lack of oligarchicity round these parts so I can’t afford it anyway, I’m not convinced it truly represents the best performance, or state of the art, and I’m certain it doesn’t represent value for money.

Interesting but I rather suspect they are designed to appeal to a particular part of the excessively wealthy rather than the likes of many of us here.

If $750k was small change for me I am pretty sure I would not want something like that in the room with me when listening to music. I would possibly opt for both the higher quality sound and higher quality living space of a large room designed around unobtrusive appropriately sized soffit mounted drivers with appropriate for the room directivity, angled walls to delay the first reflection and move the sound out of the axial direction and into the side-to-side, distributed subs and other passive room treatment as required. I could relax listening to music in a room like that but only in my dreams unfortunately.

Well, they look better (still not great, mind) than the Wilson's of the world - those are just plug-ugly regardless of how they sound.

advertisement

Back