advertisement

Royd sintra speakers

I've got the Royd Sintra 2 on my office computer, and they sound really great. They're currently driven by my DIY FrankenAmp (dual mono, with each channel comprised of a Hammond 18-0-18 transformer, Avondale CAP6, and Naim NAPA5 from my NAP110). They're fed from my computer's S/PDIF TosLink output into a MiniDSP 4x10 that's being used as both DAC and pre-amp. That MiniDSP is destined to be used as an active crossover for my PFM Special build, coming "soon", at which point I'll swap in a Benchmark DAC1.

Be careful not to overdrive the Sintra 2, especially with bass signals. I was using them as studio monitors when recording a bass track, and I think it bent the voice coil a bit. Consequently, if you play certain notes through it at higher volumes, there's a bit of a buzz. That rarely happens, though, so I'm quite pleased with them where they are.

I've got the Royd Sintra 2 on my office computer, and they sound really great. They're currently driven by my DIY FrankenAmp (dual mono, with each channel comprised of a Hammond 18-0-18 transformer, Avondale CAP6, and Naim NAPA5 from my NAP110). They're fed from my computer's S/PDIF TosLink output into a MiniDSP 4x10 that's being used as both DAC and pre-amp. That MiniDSP is destined to be used as an active crossover for my PFM Special build, coming "soon", at which point I'll swap in a Benchmark DAC1.

Be careful not to overdrive the Sintra 2, especially with bass signals. I was using them as studio monitors when recording a bass track, and I think it bent the voice coil a bit. Consequently, if you play certain notes through it at higher volumes, there's a bit of a buzz. That rarely happens, though, so I'm quite pleased with them where they are.
I really enjoyed them at the PFM members house ,so engaging and really good timing
Hopefully they will slot into mine as I use naim amps aswell
Best wishes Martin

Sintra II and Sorceror are by far the most balanced of the Royd Standmounts and remarkably close in performance. Much more Bass than the Edens, but they do lose a little of the Eden's Kan-like liveliness. The Mk 1 Sintra is a bit too spitty for my taste and, IMHO, best avoided.

No problems at all with spittiness with my Sintra 1s..Having high quality source and amplification seems to keep it in check. Naim CDi, 62/hicap.NAP160BD. original Royd stands and pulled 30cm out from the wall. Not ideal but seems to work in my room.

They were Sapphires you heard at my house @worz, but Sintras are even better so you’re in for a real treat with them, lovely things. Amazingly solid and heavy for a small box too.

They love a bit of Naim too!

advertisement

Back