advertisement

Big life change and everthing is now for sale

fab , i think thats the best decision . as i mentioned here houses are going way way over the price . a bungalow that needed at least 30k of work was on for 175k and sold for well over 215k

in a couple of hours we are viewing a house for a friend that needs work and to get it we will have to go over the price . NO one here gets ANY reductions at all , with 50 people viewing each house the demand is too great

Good news @AudioAl soon as you get your completion get the builders in and work done ASAP if you can afford too, building materials are soaring in price and demand for quality tradesmen is high, a few firms that I work for regularly are booked solid for the next 12 months

Thinking the Boston house was a no go , Yesteday I enquired re this one
https://www.onthemarket.com/details/10758719/

Obviously owned by a very heavy smoker judging by the brown nicotine stained walls in every room , Asked to view , Sorry we have 12 couples already waiting so not booking any more viewings , I said OK keep me informed , Today I get a call at 13.00 saying a viewing has cancelled and I can take the place for 5pm

I then mention that I am in London and it would take me at least 2.5 hours to drive up , If I did and liked the house and offered the asking would it be mine ?

No say the estate agents it wont , We have had 3 offers so far , I say are they under the asking price ? , The reply " We are not allowed to disclose the offers " I say I'm not asking you to tell me how much the offers are , Only if they are under the asking price , Sorry we can't say .

DOH ! , what a mess the market is in at the moment

That's weird, if I put in an offer on a house or even a zero offer the agent will call me to tell me if my offer has been bettered and they all have told me when I've asked if there's any offers currently before I've even viewed the house.

That's weird, if I put in an offer on a house or even a zero offer the agent will call me to tell me if my offer has been bettered and they all have told me when I've asked if there's any offers currently before I've even viewed the house.

Phone them and ask :D

Thinking the Boston house was a no go , Yesteday I enquired re this one
https://www.onthemarket.com/details/10758719/

Obviously owned by a very heavy smoker judging by the brown nicotine stained walls in every room , Asked to view , Sorry we have 12 couples already waiting so not booking any more viewings , I said OK keep me informed , Today I get a call at 13.00 saying a viewing has cancelled and I can take the place for 5pm

I then mention that I am in London and it would take me at least 2.5 hours to drive up , If I did and liked the house and offered the asking would it be mine ?

No say the estate agents it wont , We have had 3 offers so far , I say are they under the asking price ? , The reply " We are not allowed to disclose the offers " I say I'm not asking you to tell me how much the offers are , Only if they are under the asking price , Sorry we can't say .

DOH ! , what a mess the market is in at the moment

yes very normal at the moment . INCREDIBLE value

we saw this yesterday
https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/111194759#/?channel=RES_BUY

, my friend loved it however first person we met mentioned the fighting in the nearby flats and the various police and ambulances that attend the road

nice little house but i suspect timber framed and i am not sure what mortgage companies think of them these days . i pointed out the lovely herb garden growing on the rear flat roof which had been leaking for decades , this rear building was not even bonded to the house and was subsiding away from the house

it had all the grills for the old warm air central heating and i bet the floorboards are those horrible plywood thingies

the double glazing was awful with huge gaps in the rubber seals . the electric board was still bakelite !!! some garages in a nearby block were so disused they had trees growing in front of the door . this place needs roughly 28k of work with kitchens and bathrooms and it will sell for at least 4k over the market price . Horrible !!!

All building up to high interest rates then housing market crashes and owners stuck with loads of negative equity.

I don’t envy anyone in the housing market these days, too much easy money out there just hammering prices up, sellers market for sure.

All building up to high interest rates then housing market crashes and owners stuck with loads of negative equity.

I don’t envy anyone in the housing market these days, too much easy money out there just hammering prices up, sellers market for sure.

Folk do seem to be getting a little carried away. When something rapidly increases in price that tells me it’s volatile and can therefore fall just as quickly. I have no idea where the additional purchasing power is coming from, zombie economy aside. The housing market should be on its arse. Of course none of this really matters if it’s your own cash and you are buying a home to live in. It’s the highly leveraged who’ll learn the hard way when sentiment changes.

OK is Spalding a bad place ?

A rural town with just enough there to stop anyone needing to travel anywhere else = small town, insular mentality in the locals. Other towns have had this eroded as the commuter belts expand and new blood moves in but Spalding is way too far away for that to happen.

iu

UK Dunwich was once one of the cinque ports.
It’s now miles out at sea as the sea eats away at East Anglia.

How long before it’s like Dunwich?

Dunwich in Suffolk and Sandilands in Lincs are very different situations. Yes, there is coastal erosion but I'll be long, lond dead by the time it's a problem here. Loads of work and plans going on to counter. Indeed a nuclear waste long term stirage facility is being considered fairly close by; unlikely for multiple billion pound investment of this nature if any imminent threat,

Having said that there is an interesting article here on the impact of erosion

https://www.suttononsea.info/history/sutton-on-seas-submerged-forest

advertisement

Back