advertisement

Today I have mainly been v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole house was covered in bloody woodchip when we moved in, we bought a professional steamer to get it off which worked, but in answer to your question, No!
There should be a law which allows a new house purchaser to summon back any previous owner who put up either wood chip, or Artex, and insist they personally remove the bloody stuff.

I’ve not found wood chip to be a problem, run a spiky roller over it and give it a short spell under the old steam stripper machine and off it comes. Having said that I usually get the missus to do it if at all possible.:D

Guess I'm in the minority here but I actually quite like Artexed ceilings. They're interesting to stare at. Unlike "smooth plastered ceilings " -where estate agent adverts do my head in!

We live in a 30's bungalow that's been knocked around quite a bit , two rooms into one etc.

The previous owner employed people who knew what the were doing when it came to the plastering.

Artex is is the new Avocado bathroom suite. Funky but chic.

Ached all day after restarting pool physio yesterday. Didn’t go to the pool today as I thought it would be counterproductive.
Had an awful nights sleep with pain in various places.
New medication (baclofen) is making me nauseous and slowing my bowel function.
This afternoon I planted some mint plants in my raised garden area (no bending required) and didn’t notice the ants nest that I had disturbed until the little things were running all over my arms and legs and biting me. Funny now, not funny then. > had a shower to make sure all the ants had gone. Also nettled myself during the process of planting out the mint.
Also smacked my hand on an internal door when walking through, The Wife heard the clonk noise and knew what I had done straight away, I bash my hand or arm usually once a day on a door jamb, or door. My spatial awareness is poor, especially going through doorways.

On the plus side, hopefully the mint will take and replace the nettles.
The Olympics has been interesting as well.

I've never seen so many red ants as this year, nests under every object that you pick up to move, and they bite instantly. I carried something to the skip on my shoulder last week, and one viscious little bugger got down the neck of my shirt. The bites ache, and make you feel slightly feverish.

I read long ago that nettles were thought to have some degree of palliative effect in regard of long-term pain. Presumably not in your case?

Preparing the family house for sale. It has been a major undertaking, involving the conversion of some attic space into a 4th bedroom, bringing in a new driveway, building an oak-framed cart barn, and installing a new, relocated sewage treatment plant which entailed major upheaval and full refresh of the rather 'decadent' garden, together with decoration inside and out. The work has been going on since March, and the light at the end of the tunnel is tentatively in view.

The sale is the legacy of a long-ago divorce - after wife left, I largely raised our two children, now well-established with their own lives and careers. My ex, long since remarried, has come back to the UK from her sailing yacht home in the Caribbean to oversee the sale. Today she is coming to the house to discuss the sale. A deeply stressful time, and an uncertain future ahead.

I read long ago that nettles were thought to have some degree of palliative effect in regard of long-term pain. Presumably not in your case?

There are many different types of pain.
I have at least 2 or 3 ongoing issues with pains that will probably never resolve.
The pains I have are different to each other.

One-off nettle stings are not a reliable source of analgesia for myself, and I don’t fancy nettling myself everyday. As a distraction therapy, it would definitely work for a while.

Today she is coming to the house to discuss the sale. A deeply stressful time, and an uncertain future ahead.

My sympathies. The idea of having to spend longer than 5 minutes with my Ex-wife makes me shudder. Good luck with it all.

Mainsboost now in and working (see post two days ago) so today I will be installing earthing and lagging the pipework. This afternoon move on to air source heat pump wiring... never a dull moment here ;)

Just had a bath to help with my ‘downstairs’ pain - vomited a small amount in the bath - yuck.
No carrots though, just the tea and biscuit I had had.

Upped my new medication (which is what made me vomit) and had another biscuit and more tea.
Hopefully the nausea/vomiting side-effect will calm down if I keep up with the tablets.

Looking forward to a morning of catching up with the Olympic Games, and The Daughter’s Daughter is over today for a while.
We might watch ‘The Cat Returns’ - Studio Ghibli film which I have on blu-ray. The Child and I find it hilarious. Not as funny as Pom Poko which has us busting a gut. The Wife doesn’t get Pom Poko, but the girl and I love it. It is a bonkers anime.

Blue sky here, looks gorgeous out.

Got the power network chaps here today. Final visit over the last week to put the mains supply to the house underground. Dug a 70m trench from the house, under the drive to the transformer (in my field). Amazingly thick and heavy cable with what looks like an unexploded WW2 bomb buried in the ground. Will remove the overhead cable and pole completely, will look so much better, I hate cables on houses!

Preparing the family house for sale. It has been a major undertaking, involving the conversion of some attic space into a 4th bedroom, bringing in a new driveway, building an oak-framed cart barn, and installing a new, relocated sewage treatment plant which entailed major upheaval and full refresh of the rather 'decadent' garden, together with decoration inside and out. The work has been going on since March, and the light at the end of the tunnel is tentatively in view.

The sale is the legacy of a long-ago divorce - after wife left, I largely raised our two children, now well-established with their own lives and careers. My ex, long since remarried, has come back to the UK from her sailing yacht home in the Caribbean to oversee the sale. Today she is coming to the house to discuss the sale. A deeply stressful time, and an uncertain future ahead.
Commiserations EV. Stressful at the best of times, this must be particularly difficult. I'm not going to be trite and say these things tend to work out for the best, but I sincerely hope it does, for you.

I've never seen so many red ants as this year, nests under every object that you pick up to move, and they bite instantly. I carried something to the skip on my shoulder last week, and one viscious little bugger got down the neck of my shirt. The bites ache, and make you feel slightly feverish.

i guess thats partly the idea behind tens machines
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/transcutaneous-electrical-nerve-stimulation-tens/

great meeting with my heads of subject group. Buying some new trainers - so glad On-Running havent changed the design and fit from the last pair i bought. Get a good 2 years out of them, against about a year for the others.....

Buying some new trainers - so glad On-Running havent changed the design and fit from the last pair i bought.
That so often doesn't happen. I bought a pair of sailing hikers recently, exact same model and size to the ones that have done sterling service for 4 years. Completely different and really uncomfortable. Obviously the vendor had found a different, cheaper Chinese sweatshop to make them in. Grrr.

That so often doesn't happen. I bought a pair of sailing hikers recently, exact same model and size to the ones that have done sterling service for 4 years. Completely different and really uncomfortable. Obviously the vendor had found a different, cheaper Chinese sweatshop to make them in. Grrr.

Plus they haven't had 4 years to mould to your unique foot shape. :)

That so often doesn't happen

i used to buy Salomon trainers - lasted about 18 months, very comfy etc ..... first two pairs identical fine, next lot "improved and re-engineered", guess what - they became too narrow for me.

I have a TENS machine, it did work for some backache I had once, does nothing for the regular pains.

Well worth trying though. Always reminds me of a Victorian parlour toy which would deliver a current to 2 handgrips. Wind a handle and the voltage increases. If I remember correctly it was glass rubbing on velvet internally, with 2 wires coming out of the wooden box to 2 metal handgrips. We had one when I was young, wind the handle very fast and it would hurt like mad and you couldn’t let go of the grips. I saw one years later in a museum in York, didn’t realise it was soo old when playing with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back